cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Message Header and mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a userId is coming in the message header of the source message and I want to map it with one of the fields in the destination structure then How can it be done ?

Can dynamic configuration be of any use here? I have RFC receiver and proxy sender.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> If a userId is coming in the message header of the source message and I want to map it with one of the fields in the destination structure then How can it be done ?

> Can dynamic configuration be of any use here? I have RFC receiver and proxy sender.

>

> Please suggest.

my understanding is your sender is a proxy (ABAP???).

There is a user id as part of the message header and you want to access it during mapping.

Dynamic configuration will not help in this case for a proxy sender. hence the best way is to have that user id stored as a field in the proxy structure itself so that it will be easily used for your mapping. This is the simplest solution.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a query can be made on the message header to get the field values...need to write a simple UDF in your mapping between source and target......

But, if i am not wrong, the query can be made only on the available message header fields which are mentioned in this help section: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/a1/082589fc4246f09793039d5fb01a17/frameset.htm

So if your userid is coming in any on these fields (which i doubt) then let me know for the UDF (can even find it in SDN)..

Regards,

Abhishek.