cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Required when Creating New Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to create a new query on an InfoProvider which has several existing queries written on it. After I have created the query in development when I attempt to save the query I receive an error saying the "query could not be saved due to a problem in transport. BEx transport request '' is not available or suitable".

It appears that the system is looking for a BEx transport to be assigned via RSA1 but since this is a new report I believe I should be able to save the report to TMP and assign a transport at a later time.

Am I correct in my assumption and, if so, any thoughts why I'm receiving this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CKF & RKF that have been transported. Is there no way around assigning to a new transport if I am using transported objects?

Another note: I am trying to assign points but I don't have the option. All I can choose is solved it on my own.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, you do need a transport request if you are using already transported objects in yur new query definition. Even if you assign a request in RSA1 > transport connection, you will need to log out and logback into BEx before you can save your query. As an option and to save part of your development effort, you can remove these objects from your definition and save it. Then log out, assign a request and log back into BEx and then add the other objects to your query.

About the points: There seems to be something wrong with it for the past couple of days and I assume SDN is working to fix it. May be you can check back later and see if it is available...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Can u pls let me know that in case of Production System when we are allowing users to create reports with Adhoc Web Query Designer and using CKF + RKF which is already transported to Production in a specific Package, Is Production system will allow to save report?

Pls sugges how to solve this problem ..to give permission for users to create reports in production server with CKF RKF?

Thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

This can be happening becasue you are using an already transported element in your query, like a structure or a CKF or RKF. Is that the case?