cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Alert without Using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI/PI Experts,

I have created an alert category in ALRTCATDEF, created an Alert Rule and subscribe to it to receive the alert. This is configured as no restriction so I should be getting any errors encountered in Adapter & Integration Engine. Tested this in RSALERTTST and its working.

Now when I passed an idoc with an error, I'm not receiving any alert regarding this error in my alert inbox.

May I know your insights if I missed something to configure that's why my alert is not being triggered?

Thanks

Edited by: Roni Quest on Jul 15, 2009 6:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now when I passed an idoc with an error, I'm not receiving any alert regarding this error in my alert inbox.

Are you getting an error entry in SXMB_MONI (or RWB for receiver if your receiver CC is other than HTTP and IDOC) for this message flow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, error that is being generated is MAPPING EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought check ALRTDISP which lists the queue of the alerts

if something already avalable there try to delete them and test the scenario once agin

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Jul 15, 2009 10:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Nothing is being displayed in here. If I'm using the RSALERTTST, this report is being populated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer note 913858.

Check Q8 and Q12

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for all your inputs.

Any other ideas?

Just another question, what's the application package to be used in ALRTCATDEF? Is that required?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you need to Transport your Alerts to QA, you need a Development package. Create any Z-Package for the purpose

Only Objects assigned to packages are transportable.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i go to ST22, there's no runtime errors for XIRWBUSER.

I have unchecked the "Suppress multiple alerts" flag already and run the RSALERTPROC but I'm getting an alert with no texts within it. Example is I've used the Message ID: &SXMS_MSG_GUID& for the short text. I've defined SXMS_MSG_GUID in the container already.

Am I missing something to configure?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting an alert with no texts within it.

Did you define your text (&SXMS_MSG_GUID&) in Long Text to get the msg in the body?

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've defined the short and long text as Message ID: &SXMS_MSG_GUID& for the meantime.

This is defined in the container as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

r u exec thru report "RSALRTTEST", It won't came any msg. So, check with thru ur scenario which is configured in ur rule, that mean any error occur in IE or AE, It shows msg.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, to clarify the issue again below is the summary of what i have done so far. Sorry for the confusion.

My issue is that I cannot receive any alert in my inbox as well as in my e-mail even if I have followed the steps in alert configuration.

I've done the creation of alert category, alert rule, configured the RFC destination to NONE because this alert will be received locally. Tested this using RSALERTTST and its sending the alert but when I try it by sending a message with error (MAPPING EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE), I'm not receiving any alert message in alert inbox and e-mail.

I've triggered the report RSALERTPROC and no alert is being generated as well. I've checked TC ST22 but there's no dumps caused by the user XIRWBUSER.

The only thing that I can see with error is in the program SXMSALERT_LOGREADER. Error is below. Question is, is this related to my issue of not receiving the alert message?

I've checked all forums and sap notes related to this esp. 913858 but didn't find anything that can resolve my issue. Hope you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

UTC Stamp Counter Local Date Local Time MsgGuid

20090716035635,5464390 0 16.07.2009 13:56:35 001CC43A3BD41DEE9CB794F1B6C84E05

Calling Monitoring Server starting new task

20090716035635,5495390 0 16.07.2009 13:56:35 001CC43A3BD41DEE9CB794F1B6C84E05

Communication_Failure:Error during the retieval of logon data stored in secure storage

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done the required configuration in RWB ---> Alert Configuration?....also make sure that you have checked the Rule Active checkbox..

For more info on troubleshooting Alert check this: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you checked the Mail host configured using SCOT tcode ?

when you test through RSALERTTST are you able to get the alert mail ,if you are get this during RSALERTTST

check the alert configueration rule and uncheck suppress Multiple alerts option

Addiion to the above also check logs of alert

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Jul 15, 2009 10:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mail host is configured already. But the thing is, I'm not receiving the alert in my Alert Inbox in RWB. I've checked the logs in SLG1 but no alert id is being created.

I've checked that blog as well but it doesn't solve my problem either...

Any other ideas? Thanks

Edited by: Roni Quest on Jul 15, 2009 6:47 AM