cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biller Direct with FSCD (Insurance)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to implement Biller Direct 6.02 with our new FSCD (Insurance) system. There is not much documentation on the integration of FSCD and Biller Direct, but we assume we need to proceed with an FI-CA type integration. I want to confirm that this integration is supported. We are currently on ECC 6.0 and we have insurance component release 600. Our functional teams say they do not plan to use the FI-CA component and we want to make sure that BillerDirect can integrate directly with FSCD. I was unable to find a master guide for Biller Direct, and the installation guide is not clear on the integration requirements.

Please help me decipher these two SAP notes on Biller Direct.

Based on this note, it seems that we should be supported:

-

Note 849513 - SAP Biller Direct 6.0: Installation (FI-CA component)

You want to install SAP Biller Direct 6.0 in connection with contract accounts receivable and payable (FI-CA).

As of the following releases:

FI-CA Industry Release 4.64, Add-On Support Package 0028

FI-CA Industry Release 4.71, Add-On Support Package 0016

FI-CA Industry Release 4.72, Add-On Support Package 0010

ERP 2005, Support Package 1

you can implement SAP Biller Direct 6.0 for the following solutions:

mySAP Insurance <----

our solution

mySAP Utilities

mySAP Telecommunications

mySAP Media

mySAP Public Sector

-

However, note 1061835, specific to Biller Direct 6.02, says

-

Note 1061835 - SAP Biller Direct 6.02: Installation (FI-CA component)

You want to install SAP Biller Direct 6.02 in connection with contract accounts receivable and payable (FI-CA).

ERP 2005 Enhancement Package 2, Support Package 1

you can implement SAP Biller Direct 6.02 for the following solutions:

mySAP Utilities

mySAP Telecommunications

mySAP Media

Furthermore, you can also use SAP Biller Direct in connection with the non-industry-specific SAP solution 'contract accounts receivable and payable' (FI-CA).

-

Note that the insurance solution is not listed here.

Does this mean you can ONLY implement Biller Direct 6.02 if you are on EP2, and only for those solutions listed? Can we implement Biller Direct 6.02 if we are on standard ECC 6.0 (no EHP)? We only want to use the insurance solution. Should we be implementing Biller Direct 6.0 instead?

Thanks.

Edited by: Michelle Wetzier on Jul 15, 2009 3:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spent a lot of time formatting and previewing this post. Quite frustrating that it looks like a disaster now. Any tips on why this happened?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to implement Biller Direct 6.02 with our new FSCD (Insurance) system. There is not much documentation on the integration of FSCD and Biller Direct, but we assume we need to proceed with an FI-CA type integration. I want to confirm that this integration is supported. We are currently on ECC 6.0 and we have insurance component release 600. Our functional teams say they do not plan to use the FI-CA component and we want to make sure that BillerDirect can integrate directly with FSCD. I was unable to find a master guide for Biller Direct, and the installation guide is not clear on the integration requirements.

Please help me decipher these two SAP notes on Biller Direct.

Based on this note, it seems that we should be supported:

-

Note 849513 - SAP Biller Direct 6.0: Installation (FI-CA component)

You want to install SAP Biller Direct 6.0 in connection with contract accounts receivable and payable (FI-CA).

FI-CA Industry Release 4.64, Add-On Support Package 0028

FI-CA Industry Release 4.71, Add-On Support Package 0016

FI-CA Industry Release 4.72, Add-On Support Package 0010

ERP 2005, Support Package 1

you can implement SAP Biller Direct 6.0 for the following solutions: mySAP Insurance mySAP Utilities mySAP Telecommunications mySAP Media mySAP Public Sector -

However, note 1061835, specific to Biller Direct 6.02, says -

Note 1061835 - SAP Biller Direct 6.02: Installation (FI-CA component) You want to install SAP Biller Direct 6.02 in connection with contract accounts receivable and payable (FI-CA). As of the following releases: ERP 2005 Enhancement Package 2, Support Package 1 you can implement SAP Biller Direct 6.02 for the following solutions: mySAP Utilities mySAP Telecommunications mySAP Media Furthermore, you can also use SAP Biller Direct in connection with the non-industry-specific SAP solution 'contract accounts receivable and payable' (FI-CA). -

Note that the insurance solution is not listed here. Does this mean you can ONLY implement Biller Direct 6.02 if you are on EP2, and only for those solutions listed? Can we implement Biller Direct 6.02 if we are on standard ECC 6.0 (no EHP)? We only want to use the insurance solution. Should we be implementing Biller Direct 6.0 instead? Thanks. Edited by: Michelle Wetzier on Jul 15, 2009 3:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally, I have found this site, which lists components for SAP biller direct 6.02 and includes insurance (contradicting note 1061835, shown in previous post).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/5c/0a3a847d3ddb44874d9bcf1423df8c/content.htm

Components for SAP Biller Direct

SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 2

FI-CA Industry Release 06:02 for the following solutions:

● SAP for Insurance

● SAP for Utilities

● SAP for Telecommunications

● SAP for Media

● SAP for Public Sector

● SAP Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA)

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 with Usage Type AS JAVA as a component of SAP ERP 6.0, Enhancement Package 2

SAP Biller Direct 6.02 (JAVA front end)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you ca do either 6 or 602 they are minimally different, although you will want your BASIS folk to make sure you have all required patches.

yes it will be FI-CA.

/john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michelle,

I do have experience of working with Biller Direct and Integration of Biller Direct components with FSCD.

I do not see any of your questions related to process and mostly are related to Installation. I think technically speaking there is not much difference between FICA and FSCD.

Do let me know the processes that are being required in your Biller Direct scope. I mostly expect real time inquiries on Master Data and Account Balance would be majority ones and make payment, schedule payment and cancel payments to be most critical ones to be asked. And if you need any questions related around these...

May be I can provide some help to you.

Rgds

Ram Kumar.