cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am using a file adapter to send a file to a directory on system "ZED". My XI application is residing on a system called "EX".

The system "ZED" is actually mapped onto system "EX", So all the directories on system "ZED" are available to system "EX". I am trying to send a file to system "ZED" from my XI application(my xi application is resident on system EX),i don't see any errors in the xi monitor but i don't see the file that i sent from the XI application on the file system of "ZED".But if i change my file adapter to point to a directory on system EX then the file gets deposited.

Can someone tell me if i can monitor the file adapter or see any errors that occured while placing the file on system "ZED". I am new to XI so i don't know where to monitor the adaters.

Thank you

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you are able to see the message in the SXMB_MONI, you can check the Audit Log of MDT (RWB->Message Monitoring->Message Display Tool(MDT).

Hope this helps

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy-

I was able to get to the place that you told me. It does not give me any details if the file write is successfull or not... Any other thoughts??

What i am want is ,i need to know if the file write is successfull or not.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i know, the adapter engine uses the OS user <SID>adm to access the directories. So did you check that this user has sufficient access to the mapped directories of your system? Maybe it doesn't have sufficient authorizations and therefore cannot write the file.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine-

Which OS user id do you want me to check? As far as i know all users have access to the directories that are mapped.. But my question is,does the Adapter not throw an error when it cannot write to the given directory?