cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help on BPM Steps (Lookups are not allowed, so only BPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to design the BPM for the following process (A mandatory rule is Lookups are not allowed so I must finish this with out using lookups.)

Step1. We get a file from FTP, Once we get the file, We need to get the next unique identification number from a webservice(a sync call, As per our rule, u201CNot to use lookupsu201D).By the way there is no relation between the data fields for the FTP file and this SOAP call, i.e. the SOAP request is having constants as inpput.,but once I receive the file then only I need to make a call to get the next unique identification number.

Step2. Once we receive the unique identification number from the SOAP call, I need to merge this identification number with the file (I have received from the FTP in STEP1) and then needs to send to a RFC which is a sync call again and it returns a logical number.After getting this logical number then only go the next step(The returned logical number means a confirmation for us,i.e after getting the number just go to next step)

Step3. After getting the logical number from RFC, I need to send the obtained unique identification number( Of Step1, Webservices Unique identification) to another FTP as asynch.

This one is easy when we use lookups, but we have a condition u201Cnot to use lookups!u201D so please suggest me the steps(BPM) to do, which donu2019t let the BPM down.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your complete BPM design will be:

Receuve(FILE_ABS_Async)->Transformation(ToPutConstantsInTheSOAPReq)->SyncSend(SOAP_ABS_Sync)->Transformation(Needed, format will be 2:1; will have FileMSG_&_SOAPResp as source MSGs and RFCReq as target MSG)->SyncSend(RFC_ABS_Sync)->Switch(To Check if the RFC Logical Number does not exist...if it does not exist then in the condition branch of the Switch put a Control Step (action as Cancel Process)->If RFC Logical Number present then otherwise branch will be executed( nothing to be placed in this otherwise branch)-->Transformation(SOAPRespMSG of SOAP Sync step into FILE message format)-> Send(FILE_ABS_Async)......

Wherever you have sync send steps put them in a block and insert an exception branch in that Block....in the exception branch put some logic which will be executed when there is an error in the Sync Call.....so your BPM wont fail even if the Sync Send fails.....

Regards,

Abhishek.