cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating new connector in GRC CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a new SAP Connector in CUP 5.3, when i fill in all the fields in the new connection and select "Test Connection" it says Connection successful and when i save it and look at the Available connectors, i am unable to see my new connector there.

Does anyone know why is this happening.

a quick response is appriciated.

Thanks.

Edited by: Chaitanya Pallapotu on Jul 14, 2009 9:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I have the same issue when configuring connectors in CUP. I solved it in this way:

1- Go to RAR(Risk, Analysis and Remediation) --> Configuration --> Connector --> Search

2- Select one of the connectors and write down the values in the list box of the field JCO Destination.

3 - Now, go to CUP, and create the connector using the names writed down in step 2.

CUP will warn you with an error, ignore it, and then save the connector.

Note: when creating the connector in CUP, fill the fields, then save/create(here you will have the error msg), then Test Connection, and then save again.

That works for me!!!

PD: Always log in to GRC with the same language configured in CUP.

Hope this works for you!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange and this is not at all a problem in CUP. Can you try to create connector and save it first. Now, go to available connectors, select the connector and test the connection?

Also, try to log out, close the browser and log back in to see if you can see the connector or not.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to see my new connector in the "Available Connectors" after i have saved it.

tried loggin out and loggin in, but no difference, still unable to see the new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to create new one with same name? If yes then your connector was not saved and it will be recreated. If no, then go to request configuration -> application configuration screen and check if the connector shows up. If it does then there is some issue with connector screen.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to create a new one with same name also, even checked request configuration -> application configuration screen and am able to see the connector there.

what possible actions can i take at this moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means the connector exists in the system. Can you try to bounce the server and then check the connectors?

If this doesn't work then please contact SAP support.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

doesn't work,

created a connection with SAP Support, thanx for you help