cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The URL contains no complete domain specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to open "Alert Configuration" in the RWB of PI 7.1 we get the below error.

Business Server Page (BSP) error

The URL contains no complete domain specification.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check one more thing

Go to t-code ALRTINBOX and hit execute,this should open a browser page,please check the URL for that page and see if it open alert inbox from there.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The t-code works in opening the alert inbox. At first the url is ../sap/bc/...alertinbox or something like that, but after inputing the login credentials, it changes to http://server.corp.xxx.com:50000/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbiZpPTEmcz1TSUQlM2FBTk9OJTNhbXRscGFyNThfRFh...

It gives the same error as mentioned earlier in this thread when accessing via the RWB.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,thats the way its supposed to work

so now we know that Alerts from ABAP side are working fine,the issue is just on java stack.

One thing which i noticed is that i get ABAP(8000) port when i open ALRTINBOX and java port(50000) when i open from RWB.

how come you are getting java port from ABAP side,are you using PI 7.1?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I am using PI 7.1. When I check the port in SMICM -> GoTo -> parameters -> display, I see the java port being used (50000) instead of the WAS port of 8000.

Confusing...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Thats a change they have made in Pi 7.1

Both ABAP and java use same port now,earlier they were using 50000 and 8000 port.

in SMICM could you please hit Shift+F1 and see what is the HTTP port there,if i m not wrong,both Java and ABAP should use this port.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

For us this problem occured on PI 7.1.

Our solution: Tools --> Exchange Profile:

Verify if all hosts itens from RuntimeWorkbench has the value with FQDN. Also com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.name.

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member203764
Participant
0 Kudos

super thanks!

it helps me also a lot!

0 Kudos

Special thanks from me also. Faced same issue today and it was solved quickly by all of your comments.

Regards

Avichal Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your input. I resolved the problem by changing 3 parameters in the exchange profile under RuntimeWorkbench to the FQDN.

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.name

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.mshost

Then, following note 750287, I ran the below command to update the cache in RWB.

After you have made the adjustments, update the cache by calling the following URL:

http://<J2EE-Host>:<HTTP-Port>; /rwb/rtc?op=init

Thanks again for all your help!

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad it worked out for you,i learned something new toady:)

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u tried to Activate all services required for XI by running the report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES in transaction SE38? Also run the report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP and mention the BSP application which you need to unlock .

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Jul 15, 2009 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

Thank you for your input. I only found 4 notes on RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES and none of them stated what should be put in the SECFLAG box. Also, I'm not sure which service would need to be unlocked with BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES and BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP are report programs and pls execute these report programs thru transaction SE38 so that necessary services will get activated.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

I ran the RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES program with nothing in the SECFLAG box. It activated some services. The other program you are asking me to run "BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP" is asking for the name of BSP Application. I don't know what the answer should be for that.

This is in the PI7.1 environment. Do I need to bounce the system after running this program? I get the below error when trying to click on Alert Configuration in the RWB.

Business Server Page (BSP) error

What happened?

Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

The URL contains no complete domain specification (mtlpar58 instead of mtlpar58.<domain>.<ext>).

Exception Class CX_FQDN

Error Name

Program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Include CX_FQDN=======================CM002

ABAP Class CX_FQDN

Method CHECK

Line 10

Long text -

The exchange profile was modified to include the FQDN and then bounced the entire stack. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Pls have a look @ this blog https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/FullyQualifiedDomainName%28FQDN%29 discussing exactly ur problem.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

Thanks again for your input. Unfortunately, the icm/host_name_full parameter has already been set to the FQDN in the instance profile.

Also, I have changed both ashost and mshost parameters in the exchange profile under the runtime workbench to the FQDN and have bounced the entire system. Still I have the same error.

The path trying to execute is http://server.corp.company.com:50000/rwb/FrontComponent/FC_Secure.jsp?doAction=showAlerting.

I will open an OSS on this.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please go to exchange profile and check the parameter com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost under Runtime,make sure it is using Fully qualified domain name and not just the hostaname.

You need to restrat Java engine to get these changes reflected.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I stumbled onto one of your previous replies right after posting this message. Sorry about that for all others.

I am waiting on the developers to give me the ok to bounce the system. Hopefully, that will resolve the issue. I will update the message once that happens.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Unfortunately, this did not resolve my problem. I changed the exchange profile parameter to point to the FQDN and bounced the entire system.

I still have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick