cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Trial Installation Hanging at Configuring Login Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Windows Server 2003 machine that I want to install the SAP NetWeaver Java and ABAP Trial versions on (yes the same machine). I've downloaded everything I need and have successfully installed the Java version without a problem.

Everything seems to be running perfectly.

Now, when I try to install the ABAP version it gets passed creating the database with: "database NSP created successfully Tu, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:28:08"

Now it's onto step "Configuring login information..." @ 52% and it's just sitting here - it's now 1:17 so it's been here for about 2 hours now with no progress movement.

I tried looking for a logfile and I can't find one anywhere so I'm not sure what exactly the installer is doing. How do I proceed to debug this to find out where the hang up is?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Is it possible to have ABAP and JAVA on one machine? If so, how?

Yes you can but not sure how it goes for Trial version

Check the [Link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dbos?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80d0613c-b806-2a10-2891-aae5bbcd1a79] [original link is broken];

Note 388866 - Multiple Components on One Database - Installation

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I killed the kernel.exe process hosted the NSP database to force the installation to fail.

It looks like it's having problems with changing passwords?! I am using the same exact password for the J2E instance as this NSP instance (the password is similar to: Dhgy123#). I did read that "@" symbols were a problem - perhaps "!" is as well?!

The following is part of the end of the log file:

(Jul 14, 2009 2:35:22 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed.  Look at the log file C:\sapdb\NSP\log.txt for details.
(Jul 14, 2009 2:35:22 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Tue Jul 14 14:35:22 EDT 2009 An Error happened during the Change of the MaxDB Database passwords. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME~1/possumm/LOCALS~1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")
STACK_TRACE: 22
ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Tue Jul 14 14:35:22 EDT 2009 An Error happened during the Change of the MaxDB Database passwords. Check end of Logfile C:/DOCUME~1/possumm/LOCALS~1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")
	at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:247)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
	at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

FROM MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log:

Tue Jul 14 11:28:08 EDT 2009 MaxDB: rc of x_server call = 32
Tue Jul 14 11:28:08 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Changing passwords for :NSP
Tue Jul 14 11:28:08 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Try to establish connection to nsp
Tue Jul 14 11:28:09 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Setting password for user CONTROL
Tue Jul 14 11:28:10 EDT 2009 done 
Tue Jul 14 11:28:10 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Setting password for user SUPERDBA
Tue Jul 14 11:28:12 EDT 2009 done 
Tue Jul 14 11:28:12 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Setting password for user sapnsp
Tue Jul 14 11:28:12 EDT 2009 done 
Tue Jul 14 11:28:12 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Loading Systemtables
Tue Jul 14 11:28:26 EDT 2009 done 0,OK: everything works fine
0,"C:\sapdb\NSP\db\bin\sdbsysload" -R "C:\sapdb\NSP\db" -d NSP -u superdba,*"
Installing tables for instances
Removing obsolete objects
Installing Loader tables
Installing messages and help
Installing SYSDBA tables
Installing comments for SYSDBA tables
Installing ODBC tables
Installing tables for WebAgent
Installing tables for Repository (WebDAV)
Installing DOMAIN tables
Installing comments for DOMAIN tables
Installing Views as replacement for SHOWs
Installing Database Manager tables
Installing SYSINFO tables
Installing comments for SYSINFO tables
Installing support for UDE (User Defined Extensions)
Installing tables for JDBC Database Metadata
Installing tables for SQLDBC Database Metadata
Installing additional triggers
Installing tables for DBAnalyzer
==================================
Installation successfully finished
==================================

Tue Jul 14 14:35:22 EDT 2009 MaxDB: connection broken: com.sap.dbtech.rte.comm.RTEException: Data receive failed.
Tue Jul 14 14:35:22 EDT 2009 MaxDB: rc of changing passwords = 1
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Start of CallSdbuninst
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: IndepProgPath: C:/sapdb/programs
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: dbmcli path: C:/sapdb/programs/pgm/dbmcli.exe
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Calling check for db_enum in case of an abort
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Instroot for nsp is: c:\sapdb\nsp\db
Tue Jul 14 14:35:23 EDT 2009 MaxDB: Further MaxDB software is installed

Edited by: Michael Possumato on Jul 14, 2009 8:46 PM

Edited by: Michael Possumato on Jul 14, 2009 8:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos
An Error happened during the Change of the MaxDB Database passwords.

Not sure but looks like special characters in password are giving error. Try with integer/alphas to start with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the password: Asdf1234 and the same problem. I've had it running overnight and checked on it this morning. The installation is still stuck at 52%: "Configuring login information... database NSP created successfully Tu, Jul 14, 2009 @ 16:44:35" ...it's now Jul 15, 2009 @ 08:11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gave up ...I'm installing the ABAP trial on it's own server and it's working so far (@ 54% right now) - with the cryptic password I tried the first time.

Is it possible to have ABAP and JAVA on one machine? If so, how?