cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eRecruiting ISR detail

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm not sure this is the "correct" area to ask this question but we are receiving a couple of errors when trying to approve requisition requests.

First if the approval has been sitting in someone's mailbox for too long the requested start date may be in the past of the date the person is trying to approve. Once they try to approve the request the message "Employment Start Date cannot be earlier than today" appears. This essentially puts us in a deadlock because the system will not let the person approve the request but also the date cannot be changed. I'm not sure if this due to what our implementers did to the form but I do know we are using a copy of the delivered notification type 81.

Second when a person is trying to enter the approval we are getting this error "Job data derived from the position conflicts with the job data entered" and we're not sure how to get past this.

I would hope that there is something out there that an admin could go in and see what the users are seeing while on the R/3 side. Otherwise I'm flying blind. I am not a functional expert at all I am a technical resource so please be patient.

thanks in advance,

Archie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

We use the MSS initiated scenario.

thanks,

Archie

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the next question would be which MSS scenario ;o) There are i actually 2 different MSS scenarios delivered by SAP. The old one exists quite some time while I never saw it in production. The newer one was delivered as business function HCM_MSS_ERC_CI_1 with EhP3 for E-recruiitng 600.

I digged a bit in the SE80 and found the function module HRWPC_EREC_FORM_CHECK_EXTENDED. It seems to belong to the SRQ2 scenario and does exactly the check you described whenever someone changes a form, which should happen if it is approved.

Perhaps it can help for a start to work on your problem.

Kind regards

Roman

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archie,

I have to admit I am not a friend of the approval scenarios of sap for e-recruiting. First I am deeply convinced requisition approval is business process nonsense as there should be no requirement if you implemented a proper headcount planning - but this is my personal opinion. Second so far if there was such an approval process in my projects it was usually some face to face thingy where people call or meet anyways so why put something into a system if managers won't do it system based anyways?

Back to topic. There are different versions of the approval. There is the classical purely e-recruiting based and there is the MSS scenario. Could you please tell me which one you are running? Or do you use something completly customer developed?

Best regards

Roman

PS: The first problem seems to be very hypothetical from my point of view. If you request a requisition approval you plan some time for hiring process so start date is somewhere in the future. How long has the approval to be stuck anywhere so this time goes by and noone feels responsible to push the approval.