cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you flush the negative cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with NetWeaver 2004s SR3 SP14 on SuSE 10 with Oracle. I wrote a custom login module and was trying to get SAP to load it. At first I made some reference mistakes (in provider.xml under the references tab) and it wouldn't load. Then I fixed the reference errors and tried to get it to load again and it still wouldn't load. I just keep on getting the error message:

[EXCEPTION]
 {1}#2#com.mycompany.dc.netweaver.MyLoginModule#java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.mycompany.dc.netweaver.MyLoginModule
Found in negative cache

I shut down and restarted SAP several times (using stopsap and startsap) and undeploying and redeploying my login module (the fixed version), but still, SAP refuses to load my login module because it is in the "negative cache".

If I keep the code the same, but change the name of the Java class and component name in provider.xml, then SAP happily loads my login module.

So I can work around the issue, but it is really annoying to change your configuration every time you make a mistake with the references... So I was hoping that someone would know how to flush the negative cache. Do I have to go into the database to do it?

-- Katrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrina,

did you found a way to flush the chache?

kind Regards,

Gerardo J