cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue from Sales Order to Project / WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a sales order and account assigned to a WBS. Sales order was created lets say on 01-Jan-08 and my sales order value is 1000 GBP. my exchange rate at that time is lets say 1 GBP = 1.5 USD. So my revenue to WBS is 1500 USD. Normally the project runs for multiple year. For year 2009 lets say the exchange rate is 1 GBP = 2 USD.

Is there any way in SAP wher in i can revalute the revenue to project from sales order based on latest rate and reflect it as 2000USD?

i did try changing the "Pricing Date", "Billing Date" etc in the sales order to see whether the revenue is getting re-valuated, but was not successful.

Thanks & Regards

Sreekanth.P.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Revenue being a Profit and Loss account need not be re-valuated. The entries passed for the revenue account is based on the actual transaction and will not be revaluated or carried forward to the next year. The bookings for the revenue account are on actual basis.

Regards,

Lakshmanan Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am okay with the actual revenue. The issue is with respect to my planned revenue. As i mentioned before sales order will be linked to the WBS at one point of time and the project can run for multiple years. So the planned revenue is getting calculated based on the "exchange rate" at the time of sales order creation. But down the line, lets say after two years we may have a entirely different exchange rate and at that point in my CO area currency the value can be different if i can re-valuate my initial SO value. the impact of this is in my revenue recognition during RA.

So is there any way in SAP where in i can make the system to re-calculate revenue based on latest / current exchange rate.

Thanks & regards

Sreekanth.P.S