Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script : Editing in EN Version / DE version : Urgent pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working in a Script, I copied a standard Script and tried to Create a new Window but it is not allowing me.

I realised that, I can"t create a new window in English Version, I can do that only in German version.

I feel it is cubersome that every time I have to log into German to do any editing. So Can you guys kidly let me know how can I do editing in English version.

Thanking you.

Regards

Venkat.

Message was edited by: venkat Kumbham

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well , when you copied it , its hows as language key = 'EN' and original langauge = DE.. You can edit it in english and do what ever you like to do ...

0 Kudos

Dear Khan,

Thanks for quick response, I am unable to Create a New window in English Version.

i.e

Se71 - Enter Script Name - language EN

and Enter Change.

Select Windows .. and tried to Create New Window. I am unable to Create a New window there.

I went to Edit Menu, and realised all option like

Create Element, Copy Element and Delete Element are Grey, I can"t do any thing there. However, I can edit in Editor, i.e Comment Existing Text-Element or Write a New Element..

Please advice me, how to create a new window in English Version.

Thanking you.

Message was edited by: venkat Kumbham

0 Kudos

Always create the Window in Original Language and write the code in he window in Logon Language.

For E.g If Original language in DE and you create in EN also.

Create the window in DE and then open the sap script in EN and do the coding.

Regards

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to copy it again and while copying mention the ENGLISH language.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after copying script from client go to change mode in orginal language<b>(i,e DE</b>)and goto <b>utilities->convert orginal language[\b].There u will get a pop to convert into ur langage.so u change language in english.

After changing into english go back to script.Now Go to change mode in english languge.Now u can add new window.It will not create any problem.

Regards,

Sunil.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Sunil, I tried to follow your suggestion,

Utilities -> Convert original Language.

But Convert Original Language is grey (Blacked) out, I can't use that function.

Anyway, I guess I will follow the advice of Aman.

Once again Thanks for all of you. Will allot points to all..

Regards

Venkat