cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7. 0 with ECC 6.0 Enhancement Pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) My client just upgraded their R/3 to ECC 6.0, but no Enhancement Pack.

2) They are trying to upgrade from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0 in the near futures.

3) During their first SRM phase, their scenario is limited to the following:

a. R/3 RFQs are pushed to SRM via RFC call (custom program)

b. SRM vendor logs in to see the RFQs and creates Quote

c. SRM buyer evaluates the quotes

4) Question: In order to run the above mentioned scenario without issues, is Enhancement Pack 4 a mandatory component for them, or can ECC 6.0 without any EnH support it already? If it's mandatory, which sub-components of the EnH 4 must be activated in order to support the scenario?

5) Question: In their next SRM phase, they are trying to run scenarios like PPS and Doc Builder. In that case, is Enhancement Pack 4 a mandatory component?

6) Last: Is there any SAP official documentation that maybe answers the question that I listed above?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Please find the upgrade information:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/upgrade-srm

EhP4 is not mandatory for strategic sourcing, data transfer via RFC can be used.

The benefit with EhP4 for your scenario will be new feature of "Collective Processing of purchase requistion" CPPR; where buyer can select the PReq line items on the portal & create RFx directly in the SRM system. All data transfer is via PI in this scenario. Creating a RFQ in ECC is not a good idea, when you can leverage the RFx capabilities of SRM.

New features: Blog:

/people/michael.jud/blog/2008/09/10/srm-70-in-the-business-suite

Official information :

http://service.sap.com/srm click on SRM 7.0 external view

Hope this solves.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am wondering if there is a specific documentation that would state the following, by mentioning EnP4 in particular. Or any documentation would collectively state the benefit of EnP4 for SRM 7.0.

>> The benefit with EhP4 for your scenario will be new feature of "Collective Processing of purchase requistion" CPPR;

>> where buyer can select the PReq line items on the portal & create RFx directly in the SRM system.

Thanks!

Jay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From October 2008 when SAP released the SRM 7.0 Version it was released as Business Suite which consists

of

1. ECC 6.0 with EP4

2.CRM 7.0

3.PLM 7.0

4.SCM 7.0

5. SRM 7.0

In Sept 2009 -SAP will be releasing the SRM 7.0 business suite with EP1

So when the client iis buying SRM 7.0 with PPS and Doc Builder i software it will be with ECC 6.0 EP4

So you can upgrade from ECC 6.0 with EP4 and you can implement the new functionalities like PPS etc

you can visit the site what already mentioned

Regards

Ganesh