cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open SSH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

wanted to know what is the below blog trying to achieve? is it SFTP.

what i had assumed is SFTP is encryption of payload.

can someone ecplain what is the script doing in this below blog.

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To down load the data from SFTP..... we cant do it from XI as it doesnt support SFTP.......XI support only FTPS......so using the Shell script we have to down load the data from SFTP to XI landscape.........and from there we can send the data to receiver using NFS.

Thanks and Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok getting the point .

can u explain the way script is working . it is getting files from? i have less exp with unix.

and what i need to substitute where to make this script working.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the communication channel and the command line he used 5 parameters. His script to run takes this 5 parameters. The first one is the directory name, second Filename, third host and user, fourth is a filter for which files to download and fifth is a list of ssh properties.

He is basically picking a file and sending the file using SFTP.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

so we just need sender comm channel for this to work : as send comm channel will pick files and then this script will be invoked which does the sftp?

Thank You.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I m not really sure what he is doing in this script but it looks like he is calling some SFTP service "batchfile". which he got from openSSH.I dont think the script given in the blog is the total script for SFTP

we recently did pretty much the same thing but out script was a big one:)

It would be best if you comment on his blog itself so that he can tell you exactly what he is doing.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SFTP is not encryption of payload. It is one protocol for transmitting the files, similarly like ftp etc.

By default xi doesnot support the SFTP protocol. But xi supports only FTPS. See the differences between these two here:

http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_general/internet/article.php/c14329

But if a client wants to use SFTP since xi dont support sftp you need to buy an external adapter which supports this protocol. One of adapter which supports is seeburger and you have many in the market.

With the help of the blog you dont even need to buy the adapter from seeburger. You need to write the script and you will call this script in communication channel for it to work.

Regards,

---Satish