cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM Interface with LIMS

Former Member

Dear gurus,

What are the prerequisites to Have Interface between SAP QM and LIMS thru QM-IDI? I.e. Master data.

Client has LIMS which covers Master data (i.e. Item codes, Characteristics, specifications), Test data sheets, COA, Out of specification and Stability. He needs interface as given below.

Inspection lots will be generated in SAP. Inspection lots have to trigger lot numbers in LIMS. Specification will be assigned and sample size will be calculated in LIMS. Results recording will be done in LIMS. Test data sheets and COAs will be taken in LIMS. The usage decision will be done and quantities will be posted in LIMS only. This in turn has to trigger updation of Usage decision and quantities for the corresponding lots in SAP.

To meet the above requirement what are the prerequisites and how to do the same.

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

It's better to have words with XI/PI consultant along with ABAP guy.

We've developed the same using interface between SAP ECC and LIMS. For outbound we've customized the standard IDoc copying standard IDoc MBGMCR0 and once LIMS has taken the Usage Decision the required characteristics values along with Quality score coming back from LIMS to SAP ECC using some Z RFC which is calling Function module.

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear abu,

I too agree, but here we have different masterdata in SAP and in LIMS. Shall it be same?. In lims client has more flexibility of having specifications and calculations (in Test data sheet ). Can i prepare the specification in Lims and upload in SAP.

Can i have the results entered in LIMS i.e for additional parameters and upload in SAP. For That what are the prerequisites.

Pls share your experience regarding masterdata, and provide the activities you do in Lims and in SAP.

Thanks and regards

Venkat V

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Better you go through XI/PI interface as per customer requirement, rr in LIMS you can directly copy the reults in SAP (by storing all data in internal table) thoriugh interface and make UD or Auto UD .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The LIMS system and incorporate its functionality within SAP how can this be achieved.

Please provide a detailed approach and the configuration to carry this out.

Appreciate a quick reply.

Thanks

sai.