cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popin toggle button does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using NW04s SP 6 and trying to get the table popin to work. The toggle cell button does not do anything. If you click in the cell somewhere around the button, it will fire the event attached to the button, but it seems like it should fire if you click the arrow button itself. The popin does not get displayed. The only way I've been able to get a popin to display is by setting the table's selectedPopin property, but then it displays it for each row, not just the row that was clicked.

The documentation is not real clear on what needs to be setup and what needs to be coded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IIRC the Table.selectedPopin property may be used to show a popin for each row or a popin for selected rows.

To show a popin for each row, you set the "selectedPopin" property to the popin ID.

To show it only for selected rows, you bind this property to a context attribute under the data source node and set it for those node elements (rows) that should get a popin.

Please tell me if that works.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

It works from the perspective that I can get it to display just one row's popin.

I've mapped the 'expanded' attribute of the toggle action, but it always sends false. Also, how would I get a handle to the current row being toggled? Clicking the toggle cell does not change the selected row in the table.

Any ideas on why clicking the toggle arrow itself does nothing? It seems like there should be an expanded property on the button, but there is not.

Another item is that I have tried adding a 'group' element to the popin and even though it is listed in the documentation as an available UI element for a popin, I get an error (although it does seem to add it anyway).

The whole area of using popins sounds like a very good candidate for a tutorial.

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy,

Actually, I'm expecting no promlems with selectedPopin property, it works as any other property with regard to data binding:

1. If I set it to some constant value (either via designer or via wdDoModifyView dynsmically) Table repeats pop-in for every row.

2. If I bind this property to some context node attribute it works as well (and well enough

The only problem if you are using second approach is singleton property of corresponding node. Try to set it to false and see the result.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy,

I cannot help much with the toggle cell, perhaps still a bug in your version?

When table popins had been introduced, I used them in a prototype and used a LinkToAction in the first column to show/hide the popin for a row.

You should be able to get the table row by mapping the (implicit) event parameter "nodeElement" to an action parameter of type IWDNodeElement. You can cast that parameter to your concrete node element type inside the actin handler (using the concrete node element type as action parameter type should also work).

Has your NWDS version already tool support for event parameter mapping? If not, as in earlier releases, you have to write the usual addSourceMapping() statement in wdDoModifyView().

What happens exactly if you place a Group inside the popin? Error in NWDS or at runtime?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

I got the popin to show up for just one row by having a context attribute for the element in the node set to the popin name and bound the table selectedPopin to that attribute. So from that perspective it works.

It is the problem of knowing what row the popin toggle was clicked for, why the popin toggle doesn't show it is expanded (the arrow never points down), why the ontoggle action always sends false for the expanded attribute. These are the things that are now what is causing it to be unusable.

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Thanks. Some of the explanations in the ABAP documentation seem to answer some of my questions.

There must be something wrong with the popin toggle cell in our SP version. Once I can get access to another version I'll give it a try and see if that solves some of the issues.

Thanks for your help. The point award system seems to be out-of-order (no way of awarding points right now). I'll get those out as soon as it starts working again.

Thanks again for your help.

-Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

I forgot to answer your question about the error I got when adding a group to a popin.

2 internal errors (in NWDS) come up when adding a group to a popin.

'An internal error has ocurred.' is the error.

Plugin name: Web Dynpro View Designer

Plugin ID: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.viewdesigner

Class: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.viewdesigner.service.Service

Method: createHeader

Exception: com.sap.ide.metamodel.general.exception.CreateException: "Header" already exists (this: //WebDynpro/View:com.intel.examples.clh.uielementtest.TestView2/RootUIElementContainer/Child:Table1/OutgoingAggregation:Popin/AggregatedObject:Popin2/OutgoingAggregation:Content/AggregatedObject:TestingGroup)

The second error has the same plugin, etc., but the exception is:

com.sap.ide.metamodel.general.exception.CreateException: "Layout" already exists (this: //WebDynpro/View:com.intel.examples.clh.uielementtest.TestView2/RootUIElementContainer/Child:Table1/OutgoingAggregation:Popin/AggregatedObject:Popin2/OutgoingAggregation:Content/AggregatedObject:TestingGroup)

-Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS message on component "BC-DWB-WD-JAV".

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Thanks. I'll do that.

-Cindy