cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save workbook in design mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All - I have problem with workbook, my workbook has two data Analysis Grids each pointing to two different queries. This workbook was created sometime last year. I want to change the second analysis grid to point to a difeerent query. I open the workbook and I change it and also save. But when I open the workbook again the changes are not saved. I don't get any error msg but the second analysis grid points to original query. Did anyone face this issue..pls let me know.

Is this related to authorization, we are on 7.1, support pack 8 and release 1408.

thanks,

Sabrina.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) After saving the query check if the data provider selected correctly in porperties in analysis grid and if the data provider is pointing correct query.

2) Check in which role you are saving the workbook and if you are opening from the same role or not.

3) in Place of Save try save as and overwrite the exisiting workbook and then try to open.

4) If you transported the workbook, and checking the workbook in next system. You need to transport the role after workbook transport to see the changes otherwise it will point towards the old one.

Regards,

Kams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kams - thanks a lot for your reply. I tried all the options u told me except for the last one bcos I am having this problem in DEV didn't go to next system for transports. After changing the workbook it works in that instance ie when I pull the variable entry screen i see changes...I save it in the role. I also open it from the same role and now changes are not reflected.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign the query twice....I mean

1.Open the workbook

2.Switch to Design Mode

3.Open the Properties of Second grid

4.Go to General tab->Change Data Provider icon->"Assign Query/Query View" icon and assign the query->Click OK

5.Check whether the query assigned properly under "Change Data Provider" dialog.Sometimes it wont get assigned.

6.Assign the same query once again.Check whether the query assigned properly.It will be assigned

7.Switch to Analysis Mode

Now you will able to see the data in the second grid based on the query you assigned.

Rgds,

Murali

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you change the dataprovider and save workbook.

Can you try the infamous log off and log in and try again to open workbook ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen - thanks for replying. I tried that as well...logged off and log back in but still doesn't work.

Do you think the workbook is currupted...that is my last option ie creating a new workbook bcos we have many workbooks that i will have to change.