cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance for Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have to deactive a Tab in Webdynpro that appear in Portal Shopping cart. Here is the requirement. I have a 'ITEM' Tab in the Display/Edit Agents webdynpro Screen,When i click Display/Edit Agents button that displayed Header / Item two tabs are displaying in the portal screen. I want to hide 'ITEM' Tab when i click Display/Edit Agents button. I found the webdynpro application for this and i found there is option "Enhance ( Ctrl / F4)" will this work? if yes then any example how to implement this option. I double click the View and select "Enhance" option in the View menu where i can see enhancement implementation for that view. My question is how to write code on this and how to activate my custom enhacement spot?

Any idea.. step by step guide will help lot..

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are no enhancement spots or source code enhancments in Web Dynpro ABAP. You can use the pre- post- (and in 7.01 and higher the overwrite) method enhancements. You can also directly manipulate the layout UI elements. This is probably the option that you want. You can read more about it here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3a/f6ba42a950da11e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Before you go down the route of enhancements, however, consider if you can acomplish the same thing with application/component configuration. You might be able to hide the tab with simple configuration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/b170d256293c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Also if this application would happen to be Floorplan Manager based, then you defintely want to look at the configuration route, as the tab and navigation layout is generally defined within the FPM configuration itself and not within the components/views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your input.

Yes - I have selected the option 2. Now i can hide the 'Item' Tab. I have one more requirement where i need to Enable the check box which is there on the same web dynpro. at the time of calling the webdynpro the check box is not enable , my requirement is to enable that check box.. i try option 2 but doesn't work for this case. any idea..

With Regards,

John.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to determine why it is disabled. If it has been disabled via coding, that can override configuration. You might need to enhancement the componetn using the Enhancment Framework if that is the case.