cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I strongly feel that the Consignment processing in india is very much different that what is followed away. This is because of the legality and other obligations by the government.

With respect to this can anybody explain the consignment processing with respect to the indian scenario , with reference to any manufacturing organization ( jindal stainless etc)

EX: just to give an hint on the same , there is a legality that whenever a particular goods are moved out of the warehouse premises there is a necessity to have an excise invoice............ so how do we do all the process of consignment with this.....

Awaiting your best suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
whenever a particular goods are moved out of the
   warehouse premises there is a necessity to have an excise invoice

If I am correct, you generate excise invoice only when you move the goods from a manufacturing plant to Depot / Warehouse. When the goods are moved from warehouse to end customer, you only generate a commercial invoice where you also show the duty payable and there, you dont generate an excise invoice again.

If the consignment process is for an export customer, ie.warehouse is outside India, then also the same logic is applicable but there you dont show any excise value in customer invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanth,

You are absolutely right. I am working for indian client and we also have consignment process, The steps which we follow is

1.Consignment fill up : Fill up Sales order

Fill up delivery

Fill up Billing( Proforma with no accounting document)

Excise Invoice( J1IIN)

2. Consignment Issue:

ISSUE sales order

issue delivery

issue billing

3 Pick up will be standard

4. In return the only change will b doing the return excise for returns, you have to run J1IH.

Thanks,

Raja