cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Period Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to reporting, Can you please guide me on how to use Structures available with standard cube to display the required data.

My requirement is to display the posting periods begining from Mar 2005..Feb 2006 of the fiscal year then report should look like "March April May June......Feb" in each column.

How can I achieve this using the existing structure or do I have to creat 12 variables for each of the month and use an exit on each.All my reports are based on Periods, Quaters.

Please suggest is there is any simpler way to achieve this, or is there any standard report I can use available for Cost Center Accountings.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Message was edited by: Sarah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

You could use a standard interval variable with the Fiscal year period infoObject in the column to achieve the same. Some of the standard reports available might also provide the same. Not in front of a system, but I think it should be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag for the response,

I am also not infront of the system right now but if possible can you please email <jess.sarah@gmail.com> the variable I can use with Fiscal Year.

1) But again how to put together to display " March , April...Feb" in columns and make sure only 001 data is displayed underneath March..I understand this might sound pretty basic but I am kind of struggling to get started with reporting at my clients place.

2) Where to check the standard reports available and How to run them and see if the output is as per the requirement. Do I have to activate all of them run the queries individually to check which will I can use.

Any insight will be a great help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah

I think you need to work on reporting for Cost center Acccounting .

You can make use of Query 0CCA_C11_Q0052 which is on Info cube 0CCA_c11 and it displays the actual costs for periods 1-12 each for fiscal year.

You need to check if this query exist on the infocube , IF not then Install the Infocube/Query from Business Content .

Here is the link to this query http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/1f383fe58d5900e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Regards

Pradip

(Friends : Don't forget to assign points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks Pradip for the response, it surely helped me to get a direction on this. You were right my reporting is based on Overhead Cost Controlling.

I located the query, do we have to keep in mind any extra settings to customise it with my current system.

Example Fiscal Year Variant values is as July-June,

4 periods. If so how to customise this.

Thanks

Sarah