Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload of user photos in EP

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do a mass upload of user photos in EP. I tried it in two ways.

1. In a network folder say

173.XX.XX.XXUserPhotos, I stored the photos and then I used the Mass photo upload iview, which is available inside collaboration demo role.

2. I created a new task and given the below parameters,

1. Task nameà MyPhotUpload

2. Upload from folder à

173.XX.XX.XXUserPhotos

3. Photo Typeà NORMAL

I clicked on save and then I run the task. I didnu2019t got any errors, at the same time I didnu2019t got any output also.

Then I tried it this way.

I created a nework path in System Administration à System Configuration à KM à CMà Global Services à Network Path (really sorry if I am being stupid)

Here I specified the network path and the login credential required to access this folder and named this network path as u201CMyNetWrkPathu201D

Now, I came back to mass upload ivew, there I deleted the old task and created a new task with

a. Task Name à MyPhotoUpload2

b. Upload from folder à MyNetWrkPath

c. Photo Typeà NORMAL

I clicked on Save and then I run the task. Again the same result. No errors no success.

PS: I already specified the photo type check and photo size check in System Administration à System Configuration à KM à CMà Global Services àUserPhoto

Somebody please help me.

Regards,

SrinivaS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck with this? I've tried the same thing but the images do not show up! I setup the User Photo Administration (Mass Upload) with the following params:

Upload from Folder - Local folder with correct permissions

Include subfolders NO

Photo type NORMAL

Apply checked conditions NO

Use mapping NONE

The log trace indicates that it loaded the JPG for the given user name of that JPG file. However, when I navigate to Who's Who the image does not show up, nor does it show up in "Change Office and Communication data". What is going on???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the mapping.properties file or the image name corresponds to the user id? Instead of multiple images, try placing one image in the folder and do the loading

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member188498
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems the portal doesn't have permissions to read contents from this physical folder.

Try to import a sample photo with "apply checked conditions" unchecked in mass upload iView.

If that doesn't help then try to increase the trace level to INFO for this app in Visual Administrator and see what is causing

the problems.

The location is com.sap.netweaver.kmc.people.photo.admin .

Eventuallly try to import files from local folder instead of network share.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ladislav