cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making enery of Settlement Rule or investment profile mandatory in WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement where in we want system to give an error message when we try to save any WBS element with both Settlement rule as well as Investment rule missing.

We explored all options via Validations, user Status's, settlement profile but it seams that is is not possible to make such a settings via these options.

Can anyone let me know if there is any USER EXIT that comes in picture when saving/releasing the WBS element.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Edited by: A. Holding ERP on Jul 14, 2009 2:41 PM

Edited by: A. Holding ERP on Jul 14, 2009 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know why you are looking for validations and substitutions.....by any chance, are you maintaining the data in the project during creation like investment profile, settlement profile etc...........?

See you can default the investment type and investment profile for a project in IMG (project profile and budget profile), you don't need to enter every time.

If the IM profile is linked with Asset class and checked with AUC per assignment, then there is no need for you look for settlement at all, once the project is released you have settlement rule created automatically, if not created, it will through an error.

I think this will help...........

if i understood your requirement wronly, post it back..

Rgds

Sudhir reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Thanks for the so swift response.

Yes we are maintaining Settlement rule OR Investment profile while creation of a project.

We have a common project profile for investment as well as non investment proejcts so i cannot default Investment profile.

I know of an option in the settlement profile by which i can make entry if settlement rule mandatory but i want system to give me an error when i try to save any WBS when both of the following are missing in the WBS -

1 - Investment profile

2 - Settlement Rule

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For making settlement rule manditory, check with function module "CJPN_SETTLEMENT_RULES" put into validation TXN OPSI.

comming investment profile, if you make it manditory, it will become maditory for non investment project as well.

You should write a substituion for making the investment profile maditory, for this there should be a pre-requisite, so try to make use or Project type.

create two project types in IMG, make the field manditory, so your substitution will be (if proj type-IM substitute inv profile fieldwith xxxx), (If the proj type-NM substitute the inv. prof. field with 'blank'.

i hope you got the answer.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.