cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different document types in back end system for Shopping Carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Do any of you know if it is possible to assign to different document types in the back end system for the shopping cart and how to control if one or the other is to be used when the PO is created in the back end system?

Thanks in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

We are currently on a SAP SRM 4.0 solution and using the Classic scenario.

Our main process is Self Service Procurement via SRM which is accessed via a SAP portal.

When the items in a Shopping Cart is converted into a purchase order in the back end system (SAP ECC 5.0) document type "EC" is used.

Now we have made a new functionality available for the business where they are allow to create a "Limit position" in a Shopping Cart. Created a Limit position is chose in the same screen as where it is possible to choose to shop from a catalog or the u201Cdescribe requirementu201D function (Screen: bbpsc03/99/saplbbp_sc_ui_its_1000.html)

The business would like the items created as Limit positions in the Shopping Cart to be converted into a different document type in the back end system.

As far as I know the back end system document type is assigned in the organizational structure (TC: PPOMA_BBP) under attributes in the line called "Document type in R/3 system"

Best regards

Peter Kristensen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Explore BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO to determine document types you want based on the criteria. For this you need to maintain those document types in both SRM and ECC systems with same number ranges (Ext/Int).

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish

Thank you very much for your answer.

Does this mean that it is possible to have two different document types in ECC with two different number ranges?

Is it done by doing below and the make the BAdi BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK choose the document type and number range based on my criteria?

Normally the ECC document type is assigned in PPOMA_BPP under ATTRIBUTES in line DOCUMENT TYPE IN R/3. Now "EC" is assigned. Should I then assign another line with the new document type e.g. "E1"?

Normally the number range for the purchase order in ECC is assigned in DEFINE NUMBER RANGES FOR SHOPPING CARTS AND FOLLOW-ON DOCUMENTS with "PO" as the name of the number range. Should I the assign another number range e.g. "P1"

Thank in advance for you help.

Best regards

Peter Kristensen