cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some DCs are not available locally - NWDS error while importing Track confg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured NWDI in our landscape.

As per the requirement of the developers, we have created a new product and software component (SC) in SLD, as they don't want to use any standard components.

The same has been synced with CMS using update CMS.

Now a new track is created (in landscape configurator) and the new SC has been added to the track. Track creation was successfull....given the sdm passwords for all 3 systems.

While saving a pop-up came saying that as the SC is New (i did not select the developed option), I need to Check-in and Import into DEV manually.....I GOT STUCK HERE.

What files needs to be checked-in in Transport studio?

Also when developers are trying to import the configuration in their respoective NWDS...they are getting "Some DCs are not available locally" error.

Also updated the patch of their NWDS but still no use.

Could any one help me out.

Regards,

Siv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you have defined the dependencies, did u check in and import the SCs into dev in CMS?

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

After assigning the dependencies, I could see that the newly created SC is in Assembly tab in Transport Studio....

how should check-in be done? I don't have any clue on this.

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you not find the 3 required SCs, in check in tab? if u can, check in them and import.

one more thing, the log which u have pasted says, the build failed which can happen only when u can import the configuration , develop and build.. so, are you getting this error when u r trying to build are when u r trying to import the configuration?

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Jul 14, 2009 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

1, There was none of them present in Check-in tab.....I can see only the SC that I have created in Assembly tab......

I did not check-in anything.

2, When they were trying to import configuration they get a pop-up saying "Some DCs are not available locally".

And when continue to build....they get the above mentioned errors.......these were repititive for many components...so pasted only one of each...

regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take help of your basis consultant and ask them to re check the properties they have given in visual administrator for the CMS and CBS service.

Actually one must be able to see the required SCs and the one we created track for in the check in tab at any point of time.

also ask them to check the Transport directory path in the domian data in CMS which should point to CMS inbox

First get the SCs into check in tab ,then check in and import into dev.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

I am the basis consultant...but new to EP....this is first time i am handling NWDI.

Could you pls guide me....

I have checked path to inbox in domain data,,,,,it is maintianed properly....no issues in that....

My main concern is check-in only......no components are present there.....

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to manually check-in newly created SC with SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JEECOR as dependcies.

Need to rectify this issue as soon as possible......

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the CMS inbox settings as mentioned in note 1145663

it says..

CMS inbox should be prepared as following in the installation phase, if this is not done properly, please report the problem to BC-INS-JCI.

A case sensitive folder, /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS<hostname><SID>, should be created

All required build archives, described in CSN note 1080927, should be copied from SAP CD into this folder.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

Thank you for the info.....i had located the SCAs....moved to inbox and checked-in...also imported into DEV.

sorry i had provided wronge info for u.....

"Some DCs are not available locally" -- this error is not coming while importing the track configs...

Importing of Track config is going on smoothly everytime....after importing...when try to build DC then they are getting this error.

Also below is log entry when they are trying to build....kindly let me know what needs to be done....

Jul 15, 2009 12:52:54 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: test: Build failed for sap.com/test(arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2009-07-15 12:52:54)

Component name: test

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1

Configuration: EPD_ARG_D

Source code location: http://10.53.90.15:50100/dtr/ws/ARG/arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/test/_comp/

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\sa45572\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\test\_comp\

DC type: Web Dynpro

Host: CMR-2FL0565

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

Build failed with errors.

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

are you able to see the required SCs under the Track in NWDS now? if so, sync the DC with the required SCs. If this doesnt solve your problem,

Check whether you have 'com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener'

in the eclipse / ide/plugins folder of your NWDS installation folder.

Regards,

Satya

Edited by: Satya on Jul 15, 2009 10:15 AM

Edited by: Satya on Jul 15, 2009 10:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

Sync DC option is also giving the same error - "Some DCs are not available locally".

In the NWDS installation folder....they don't have 'com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener' .

They do have u2018com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provideru2019 component.

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Correct me if I am wronge...

The New SC which I have created is like a Empty folder..it will not have any DCs in it....developers needs to create the DCs in this new SC.

How come while importing configuration......this error is coming...

As they don't want any standard components....I didn't define dependencies as well....

Regards,

Siv

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well.. I'm no expert in NWDS... so I'll move your thread to the right forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For any SC u create in the track u have to define the dependency of the required SCs SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP_JEE

These are used to devlop and build the DCs you create.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

As per your advise. I have maintianed the 3 dependencies for the SC.

However, the error "Some DCs are not available locally" is still recurring in NWDS.

Below is few line from log,

Jul 14, 2009 6:49:13 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: RIB_SAPPS: Build failed for sap.com/RIB_SAPPS(arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1) in variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro

Jul 14, 2009 6:49:13 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: RIB_SAPPS: Build failed for sap.com/RIB_SAPPS(arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2009-07-14 18:49:13)

Component name: RIB_SAPPS

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1

Configuration: EPD_ARG_D

Source code location: http://den2:50100/dtr/ws/ARG/arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/RIB_SAPPS/_comp/

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\sa45572\.dtc\1\DCs\sap.com\RIB_SAPPS\_comp\

DC type: Web Dynpro

Host: CMR-2FL0565

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

Build failed with errors.

Jul 14, 2009 6:48:50 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.UsedDCFoundHandlerBase) [Thread[main,5,main]] ERROR: failed to resolve reference "sap.com/tc/wdp/metamodel/content" for DC "arg_PRIMAVERACUSTOMIZATION_1:sap.com/RIB_SAPPS":Cannot find compartment of used component: sap.com:tc/wdp/metamodel/content

Regards,

Siv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also try removing the previously imported configuration if any and re import the configuration .

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

Everytime the whole config in NWDS is deleted completely and they re-imported.

Regards,

Siv

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you can build DCs locally you have to synchronize them

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/cf7e3f15e60a98e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

That might solve your problem

regards

Juan