cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Scripting...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have heard that you can do some PHP scripting in CRM. Is this true? If so, I can't imagine that PHP is only available in CRM, but is rather enabled by some version of NetWeaver. If that's true, can somebody tell me which version of NetWeaver (2004, 2004s, etc.)?

If PHP scripting capability is available, is anybody using it? How are you using it? As part of your .jsp's or .bsp's? Is it strickly used in web interface files or can you use it in other parts of CRM?

Muchas gracias.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keith,

There are several forums/weblogs on SDN that talk about using PHP. Just do a search on PHP and you should find plenty of technical information.

Once you find the information then some of it may be version specific. For dealing with CRM here is the deal:

CRM 4.0 ABAP is based on WAS 620

CRM 5.0 ABAP + Java is based on Netweaver 2004s.

You can also look for posts/weblogs by Craig Cmehil. Craig is one of the SDN moderators who knows a lot about PHP.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good deal... so is PHP used in the User Interface level of the application development stack only?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

currently PHP is NOT used anywhere in the standard CRM Application. Neither the PC-UI which is a BSP based Application nor in IC-Web or Win Client or any other standard application.

But that should not stop you from doing anything with PHP. Have a look at the new https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/technology?rid=/webcontent/uuid/733e6a25-0a01-0010-17a2-d0c79c90de52">php/sap [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Forum.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (0)