Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc :: File Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up a partner profile with File Port (set up with directory ). When i create outbound idocs using test tool , the message is displayed 'idoc written to the file ' but when i go in AL11 to see the file , i cant find it there in the specified directory ( file port ) ..!!

Can anyone tell the reason that might be causing this problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Are you sure the IDoc status is 03 in WE02?

It is quite strange.

Do you have authorization to generate/browse a file in the specify directory (application server) via AL11?

If you do not, please work with BASIS/Security folk to give you an access to generate file via your profile.

If you do, perhaps you may want to change the output mode from transfer IDoc immediately to collect IDoc instead in partner profile (WE20). Next, run the testing IDoc again. It should generate IDoc with status 30 (IDoc ready for dispatch). Then please try to run program RSEOUT00 to generate IDoc file in debug mode. Please step through one by one. Perhaps you may find the issue.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

8 REPLIES 8

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to run program :RSEOUT00 to colloect IDOC .

Thanks

Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Already have the 'processimmediately' option selected.

RSEOUT00 says No Idoc ready for processing .. !!

0 Kudos

Did you check BD87 ? are you able to see the IDocs and their status there ?

pl..also award the posints

0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked the status of the idoc and it is 3 (data passed to the port ) and it also say the 'idoc written to file .

0 Kudos

Are you sure the file port path is Ok . it exist if you go to AL11?. do you clieck test path?

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry ,

The Access Test path succeeds saying that the path is accesible .

Partner profile is configured with the message typoe and file port (outbound parameters)

Control record points to the correct sender reciever and message type , so the idoc is generated with success status and on generation also gives a message :

idoc written to the file 'directory path ( that i set up in the port )/ filename (generated by FM set in the File port ).

Everything as for settings looks good , but the last step of looking at idoc file in AL11 is not working ??

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Please check the file port (WE21) to ensure correctly configure for physical directory, directory name, file name and etc. Once they are correct then do access test to ensure the directory is accessible.

Next, please ensure your partner profile setup correctly with receiver port pointed to above file port and with output mode transfer IDoc immediately (like you wish).

Whne you are generating outbound IDoc in WE19, please ensure you populate the EDIDC (IDoc Control) with Receiver, Sender and Logical Message Type properly.

For more information, please check this links.

http://www.sapgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/ale_scenario_development_procedure.doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/dc/6b835943d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

http://edocs.bea.com/elink/adapter/r3/userhtm/ale.htm#1008419

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Are you sure the IDoc status is 03 in WE02?

It is quite strange.

Do you have authorization to generate/browse a file in the specify directory (application server) via AL11?

If you do not, please work with BASIS/Security folk to give you an access to generate file via your profile.

If you do, perhaps you may want to change the output mode from transfer IDoc immediately to collect IDoc instead in partner profile (WE20). Next, run the testing IDoc again. It should generate IDoc with status 30 (IDoc ready for dispatch). Then please try to run program RSEOUT00 to generate IDoc file in debug mode. Please step through one by one. Perhaps you may find the issue.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto