cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVE Vs SAVE UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats the exact difference between SAVE and SAVE Update in MDM Import Manager?

and when we should be using which?

Thanks

Simran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

waiting for replies.

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Save is used to save the map for the first time.

If you come across some structural exception while importing the file, in order to fix the exception, you need to open the map in the import manager, make the necessary changes in the map and save the changes by update save.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Thanks

Say for eg I have created my original map using a source file mapping a lookup field with 2 lookup values.

Now i have a another source file with a new lookup value.So i use this new file and update my Map using Save Update.

Will I loose the initiall 2 lookup mappings?I mean will the map get updated with SAVE Update or replace my Map as per the new input file.

As each time i am receiving a new file with new values.

Thanks

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

The save update option will update your mappings, and not replace it.

Say you are making any changes to the exisiting mapped fields, they will be reflected, and if you are mapping new fields even they will be updated.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Save option is used to save a map when you create it or do some additional changes to your map.

Save update option is usually used when while importing your data through automatic process you get an structural exception and the error says: "Some portions of this import map are out of date". This problem usually occurs with XML files because the XML source that gives the structural error when importing, contains an element which had not been part of the original XML that was used for generation of the original map. Since this element is not defined as mandatory in the XSD the Import Manager could open it with no schema conflict. But since the source file contains a new element the Save Update option must be applied to add this new element to the map definition.

You can also refer to following link:

[]

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha