cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip first step in a FPM roadmap?

zackpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, Our client wants the first step disabled/not displayed in a standard roadmap that has been delivered with the software. The standard roadmap uses component FPM_GAF_COMPONENT and consists of 4 steps (and is based on an application config and component config). They want to directly display the second step with certain values in the second screen pre-populated from a custom application (the second screen would in normaly flow be populated from first screen). So I have two tasks:

1) disable first screen/step

2) populate second screen/step with data from custom application

This is my first exposure to FPM and roadmaps. I tried deleting the first step from the component configuration and making the current 3 step process into a 3 step process, but this does not work and did not seem to be the way to go. On looking around I see some documentation for methods HIDE_MAINSTEP to be used thru IF_FPM_GAF interface, but am not sure where to implement this interface or what code to use in the method.

Can anyone provide step by step suggestions and examples of codes please?

Thanks,

Zack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this via the GAF configuration exit. The interface needs to be implemented and configured in the Global settings in the configuration editor. Please refer to the cook book for details.

- Harish (FPM team SAP).

0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Where can I get the cook book for FPM. I am new to FPM and I want a step by step guide.

Thanks,

Suresh Babu Dorai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh

Following is the link for FPM cookbook -

[FPM cookbook|http://www.scribd.com/doc/12612276/FPMCookbook21]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zackpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish.

I was able to get to the HIDE_MAINSTEP method. However, when I try to hide step 1, which is my requirement, there is a short dump. If I hide step 2 or 3 out of the 4 step process, the sequence of screens is showing up appropriately. However, when I hide step 1, there seems to be some problem in mehod WDDOMODIFYVIEW of view CNR_VIEW of component FPM_GAF_COMPONENT where in a loop for the first loop pass, even though step 1 is hidden, the code is trying to access the road_map_step element which is not instantiated. We have opened a note for this issue.

Zack