cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to display the data of smartform in the printed paper (Invoice)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where i need to print the invoice. The paper is already printed with respective Text. When this printed paper is placed to the printer, I need to print my data in the respective places.

The standard output type is rd00.

For this i have created a separate output type with customized program and smartform.

I have taken the exact measurement of the paper and designed my smartform layout accordingly, But when i print my data it is not at all fitting at the space provided.

Please help me on this.

It would be great. If you can provide me your email id, I can forward the scanned copy of the printed paper.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abdur Rafique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you seem to have 2 problems

1: data not on the right position of the document

answer: with spad you can position the whole document for sapscript and smartform a little horizontal and vertical. That works for all forms which are sent to that printer.

2: your have certain mismatch between smartform page and printer page.

answer: check paer format printer and smartform. I think one is A4 format and the other is (US-)LETTER FORMAT.

Gr., Frank

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts,

I have completed this by creating a customized page format.

Regards,

Abdur Rafique

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can suggest you for the first point (the alignment problem):

make a scan copy of your pre printed paper and save it as a jpeg image. Then ass your scanned pic as a background image to your layout. Now you know where to print your things. After the devlopment remove the backgound pic. Print and test..you will find all your data is placed at the right places. I hope you got my point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Best way is to create the Smartform or Sap script as per the Layout including the borders and cross verify with the prprinted paper. or

Create Paragrah formats and character formats as many possible to fit in..

problem with pre-printed paper ,like cheque printing its all trial and error , u need to adjust and

also check whether it is a LETTER size paper or A4 size paper .. major difference comes here only

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats an issue of page size then, either in your printer type or in your form you have a not according paper size declared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats an issue of page size then, either in your printer type or in your form you have a not according paper size declared.

Hi Floren,

How should I declare what paper size is this? Where do i need to make the changes? My Actual Paper is a invoice stationary paper.

The measurement of the paper is below.

Total width is 24.2 cm

Total Height is 27.8 cm

Data starts from

Upper MArgin 0.5 cm

Total Left Margin - 2.2cm (This paper has punched holes on both right hand left side) including this hole measurement.

If i exclude the whole measurement, it comes to 0.85 cm.

Total Right MArgin - 2cm (This includes the hole measurement)

If it excludes the measurement, it comes to 0.6 cm.

Bottom Margin

is 0.3 cm

The actual data should be printed in is 20.2 cm width and height is 27.6 cm( In this the header of measurement 3.6cm is printed already with text and at the footer 2.2 cm is already printed with the text.

This is the page size of my paper. Please suggest me how should i go on.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdur Rafique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, seems you better listen to Mr. Bernsen , since he is able to find the more understandable words

Regards

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Jul 14, 2009 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well wheres the problem?

just adjust your smartform to HIT the spaces then. Should just be some minor positioning tasks.

But best would be to test it on exactly the Printer which will be used later on for output. Since positions may vary between different printers. Also make sure you have assigned the correct printer type in SPAD:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I tried Printing at the actual paper, Alignment went wrong. But at the same time if i try to print another document. The data is moving downwards continously.

For Ex: Say upper margin is 0.5cm

First Print out with minor alignments .

Second print out the upper margin changes to 1.5 cm and the data goes down.

Similarly when we give another print it is moving down.

How to correct this? IF you can give me your email id, I will send you the scanned page.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdur Rafique