SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS -File format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After succesful integration of SAP retail and SAP POS, i am recieving Idoc details in (from PI)file format that need to be converted in ASCII before it is send to xpress server parm folder,To obtain all detail in store manager i am facing some challenges:

1) Do we need to covert the file into ascii format each time manually?

2) Even after converting the file to ascii manually when i am posting the file to parm folder(xpress server) it is not fetching the whole data ,do we have to do some more changes to the converted ASCII file?

3) The file that we recieve from PI are of diffrent name for eg.FlatFileGMDeptTxn ,FlatFileGMGroupTxn etc but the xpress server understand Dept.asc and Group.asc,so is their any way so that we can change the file format and change the name of the file automatically?

suggest me if there is any other way we can do the process more effectively.

waiting for your help

regards

abhishek

Edited by: abhishek011 on Jul 14, 2009 1:24 PM

4 REPLIES 4

sascha_martin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

you simply missed one step in your configuration.

You now have to open your created communication channels in the PI.

When you have opened the Communication Channel you have to click on Communication Channel (Top left) and then you have to coose Import Template.

As soon as you have imported the appropiate template for each and every Communication Channel your problem is fixed.

Regards

Sascha

0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

we have already done the process told by u ,but the problem is not solved yet.

regards

abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

please check the following in your Communication Channels:

This is how it should look. (I take the PLUTXN Channel for this example)

Under File Access Parameters:

Create Target Directory has to be flaged

File Name Sheme : %file%.asc

Variable Substitution has to be enabled.

In the box below this check box you need the following

Variable Name / Reference

file / payload:GMPLuTXN,1,Header,1,FileName,1

dir / payload:GMPLuTXN,1,Header,1,StoreNumber,1

Regards

Sascha

Edited by: Sascha Martin on Jul 15, 2009 9:00 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Regarding file naming, as far as I know, with standard PI content, in the Integration repository, after message mapping, the file name parameters are created as part of the message payload. Then , in Integration Directory, you have to use variable substitution or advanced adapter settings to apply the file name from payload. You may wish to follow the guide mentioned below:

[https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001451482008E|https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001451482008E]

Thanks and Sincere Regards,

Amitabha