cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Vendor Internal Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to sperate vendor internal number range with other BP(Like contact person,location~~~), is there any way by customizing? Many thanks.

I use SRM 7.0 system, standalone scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check BU_PARTNER in SNRO to see if this can be customized.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

BU_PARTNER is for all business partner, i want seperate vendor number from other business partners. Is there any way?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. but how to achieve.

for eg.

In standard we link the number range to business object transaction type. so whenever this Business object creates the no ranges business objects can be created.

so we must connect the no range upon the business object of Business partner.

little tricky part.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to explore the option of creating BP groups & assigning different number ranges.

1. Cross-Application Components - SAP Business Partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Business Partner Roles

2. Cross-Application Components - SAP Business Partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Number Ranges and Groupings

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASHUTOSH,

Do you have detalled solution about it? Many thanks.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy

Rob Dielemans is correct.

for eg. number range object BBP_SRV with internal number assignment for service items in the contract.

so you can explore Rob suggestions.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Of course i explore that BP role way. But i can't find the relationship between the BP Role and BP Number Range group. You know it's different from the contract stuff. The contract number range is related with transaction type. But for BP, i can't find such a relationship and this is reason i tried to find some information here~~~

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as mentioned ashutosh, look into group (internal)..

2. Cross-Application Components - SAP Business Partner - Business Partner - Basic Settings - Number Ranges and Groupings

bbp000 vendor

bbp001 bidder

bbp002 portal provider

bbp003 plant

bbp004 purchasing company

bbp005 vendor

bup001 contact person

bup002 prospect

bup003 employee

bup004 orga unit

bup005 internet user

any clues from the above link.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman ,

I could set up a internal number range group, but how could i assign it to 'bbp000 vendor'? IMy question is how to seperate the number range from 'bbp00 vendor' from other BP role like plant, purchasing comapny....

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is possible i think

since you aware we can control 5000000 numbers too right via define grouping ..

concentrate define grouping settings.

i am also explorinmg and update you darci

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

I too have a similar question from my client. Could you assign SRM internal number range specific to vendors and not other business partners? Do let me know how you did this.

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a similar problem. Do syncronise of internal vendor and external vendor from ERP and would like to seperate these in different SRM internal BP number ranges.

Any suggest how?

Has anyone tried development around this issue?

Br

Henrik