SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a business partner / sponsor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am getting the following error (same as the one posted by one of the other users) when i try to create a business partner in the 'sponsor' role:

Sponsor does not have a customer associated with it.

Because of this error I AM STUCK!!! and cannot move forward with the rest of the customization. I searched all the settings and researched this error - couldnt find anything useful.

Can you guys PLEASE HELP???

Thank you,

Ajay

8 REPLIES 8

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello, have you already checked note 851445 BP_CVI: Details about reports to be executed for ERP?

Regards

César

Edited by: Cesar Carreno on Jul 14, 2009 9:03 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks Cesar,

I followed the instructions on that note, but am still getting the error message.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your time.

Ajay

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

The sponsor should have a customer number behind

Please have a look at the online help:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8d/b6283b85b6666be10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

See Customizing Grantee Management ->GM-GTE Customizing: Master Data -> GM-GTE Master Data Customizing: Sponsor

You can adjust your customizing in a way to create the customer automatically at the time of creating the sponsor, or you can first create the sponsor and link it to a customer afterwards. This will depend on how the sponsor Role (Standard is PSSP01) is set.

you can find it in the IMG> Master Data Synchronization> Customer/Vendor Integration> Business Partner Settings> Settings for Customer Integration> Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Customer

and check options 'Customer-based' or 'Optional for Customer'

Hope this will help

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Mar,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - I have set it up so that the customer is automatically created. "Customer-based" is checked.

I created account groups as well (for customer) and assigned them to the GM account group. I am able to create a sponsor - but when i try to create a grant, it does not work because of the error "Sponsor XXX does not have a customer associated with it".

If you have any more suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Ajay

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have the same field status in both the BP and customer side? And please check whether a valid number range is assigned

let us know, please..

regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

I did check that valid number ranges are set on both the BP and customer side (same numbering).

However, how do I check to see if the field status groups are the same?

What is IMG menu path?

I really appreciate your help regarding this.

Thanks.

Ajay

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these notes:

954816 BP_CVI: Transactions for creating/linking BPs

928616 BP_CVI: Customiz of required entry fields at BP/cust/vendor

b/r

Mar

0 Kudos

Ajay,

I know this has been a while back, but can you recall how this issue was resolved?