cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differece Between Blocked / Negative / Positive List in SPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I screen the Business partner, if the BP & the SPL masters meets the comparison term rquirement, the BP is listed with a "Red Lightning" icon indicator the BP is found match in SPL list.

This screen has options like Block, Release, Positive list, Negative list.

What is the significance of Block, Positive & Negative list.

Regards,

Murali Mani

+91 92433 26026.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali:

Block : Means you are blocking the partner , as a bad partner , so that what ever document comes with this partner will go on block.

Positive & Negative list : You classify you partner as positive , suppose you have partner blocked on screening but when you see it manually it is not excatly a bad parnter so you put it in positive list so that next time when document comes with that partner your doument does not go on block and system treat that as good .partner

You classify you partner as negative , so that when ever doucment is created with this partner the document goes on block.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I have done in past, I will add a remark to Sameer's excellent answer and hope this does not offend. Before becoming a GTS consultant, I was an Export Officer for a major telecommunications company. Please be very careful with use of the Positive and Negative list functions in GTS. They can unexpectedly place your company in violation of export regulations if not careful.

In the example Sameer gave, this is an excellent reason to use the Positive list to continue flowing business to your good partner. But if someone updates the partner data with "Attention: John H. Carrington", your shipment might be released and shipped in violation of SPL rules. Best practice is to use the positive list sparingly and always get a Compliance Manager to sign approval of placing that partner on the positive list (this is also best practice known as "CYA")

These remarks are not offered as legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice by anyone reading this post.

Cheers !

- Greg