cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add search option like plant while seleting product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a requirement to add selection options while searching for a product from Internal catalog

For replicated materials to SRM, additional selection should be possible on following fields:

- plant WERKS

- old material number MARA-BISMT

- manufacturer part number MARA-MFRPN

- drawing number MARA-ZEINR

- industry standard desc MARA-NORMT

If fields are not available (like plant) then an RFC call to R3 backend is needed

Can you please give me some directions on how to go abou this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uttkarsh,

First thing, I am not very clear about your requirement

If it is related with Catalogs then check the following links.

Please check the below URL,

and also

or If it is with SC or PO Please add some custom filed in the respected BO and ask the ABAP consultant to develop a Search Help Exit to pull the values from different RFC destinations and ask them to assign that for that field then it works fine.

And you have to enhance the follow-on also if you required that value need to be carry forward.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

I went through the threads you attached. Actually they talk about custom fields being added.

My requirement is more relevant to the solution you have proposed in your second para.

Currently, I can search a product from my internal catalog with only few option like product type, product ID etc.

But I want to have more search or ratherfiltering option before I get a list of products.

Also for plant as a search option we will have to build a RFC call to R/3 as plant product assignment is not available in SRM

I would try to follow your suggestions. Please add if you have more on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the catalog what you are using is an MDM catalog or CCM catalog.

And please let me know exactly what are the fields your looking for search criteria. If they are not more than 5(As suggested by SAP) then your job is simple

Regards,

Anil

Answers (0)