cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the scaling factor of WBS element original budget ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need your help.

You know when we use T-Code CJ30 to change the WBS element original budget,we can see a scaling factor on the screen.And now I want to call a function to change the budget,I need to use my value multiply the scaling factor.But how can I get the scaling factor.Could you please help me to get the factor??Could you please tell which function module I could use to get the factor??

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Villy.Lv

Edited by: Villy Lv on Jul 14, 2009 10:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your requirement is to upload the original budget from a file using a FM. While doing so you want to know the scailing factor and then multiply the input values accordingly.

Assuming the above you can try following

1) In config setting for budget profile (OPS9) we can default scailing factor for a profile. The input values for budget passed in to WBS elements of a project carrying that profile will adopt the scailing factor as defined in config. You need not then explicitly multiply the values. If you are using only one Budget profile across then default the scailing factor as required in the profile. You can use FM 'KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO' to upload values.

2) If your scenario has multiple profiles and each profile has different scailing factor then following logic can be used

Using FM KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO to distribute original budget. Befor you pass values, collect the budget profile defaulted for the project to which you want to distribute budget from PROJ-BPROF and input in TBP1C-PROFIL and collect TBP1C-SCALE and then multiply all input values with 10^(value in TBP1C-SCALE).

3) If your scenario is like one profile but user will decide on scailing factor while distributing budget. Then I think you can try LSMW or BDC for T-Code CJ30. No FM releated to budget distribution takes 'scale'as input parameter.

Please post your observations

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Edited by: Villy Lv on Sep 28, 2009 5:03 AM

Edited by: Villy Lv on Sep 28, 2009 5:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the notes 0000625613,it shows how to use the FM KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO(this FM help us to change the budget) but does not show how to get the scaling factor.Have any FM to get the scaling factor??

Anyway,Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Villy Lv on Jul 14, 2009 6:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Villy,

Check FM KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO.

Refer SAP note 625613

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The definition of scaling factors and their abbreviations helps you to display large numbers. For example, you can define the scaling abbreviation "mill." for the scaling factor 1,000,000. This means that the system shows 10 Mill. EUR rather than 10,000,000.00 EUR. Another example would be 22 TUSD rather than 22,000.00 USD.

In the SEM menu, choose Strategic Enterprise Management --- Strategy Management -

Design -

Various --- Scaling Factors to define scaling factors and their abbreviations.

Thanks

S.Murali