cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM Mass maintenance of Puchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We need to close all the Puchase order created in the previous year under mass maintenance

When we try to do this we have the error "invoice qty less than GR qty"

But when we try to close manually we have only the warning message and all the line item in the PO gets closed

Can I have your valuable advise please

Venkatesan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The correct approach you should carry out is to run MR11 to clear all oustanding variance between GR and IR before closing out your related PO line item.

Cheers,

HT

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can cancel the release of all these to avoid any further transaction on the same.

Regards

Bhavesh Mistry

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not implemented this release strategy for the PO right at the movement

I checked this already and trying to find the solution for the above issue

Venkatesan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If invoice quantity is not equal GR quantity, then the process is not considered as closed.

A warning message is usually a message that should make the user think and the user should take approriate action and take a decision. As this is not possible in a mass job, SAP does not update.

Even you can do it in ME22N, your problem is not solved.

Once you try to archive the POs (SARA for object MM_EKKO) then you will face this error again, and you will not be able to archive this PO.

from Note 401318 - Archiving: Additional information

If in addition the IR indicator is set, the IR quantity must be the same as the GR quantity so that the GR/IR account is balanced.

(Caution: This check was less thorough in the R/2 system).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for the information

Our scenario is we need to block this PO to restrict the generation of documents from the last year PO during MIRO

Means just we need the PO to be closed for transaction

Any other way to do the above

Venkatesan