Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently i am working on production server,but when i changed the client from production to quality system is showing error you are not authorized.

Please tell me how to assign the profile through SU02 T-code I checked the option for profile assignment but didnu2019t found the client related profile.

Please guide for assigning the client authorization.

AR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

As mentioned in query that you have changed thte client from Production to Quality.And you are getting

Message that you are not authorized for assignments of role.

First , Authorizations, Roles are client dependent or specific .if you are authorized in Production

server adn not in quality then it means you dont have role assigned in User master record for

that quality client .

Secondly , If your Quality client is copy of production client inclduing usermaster records

and roles .Only then you will be authorized to execute the required transaction in both the server

(Production and Quality).

Hope it answers .

Regards

Vikas rana

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mean that you are trying to change client settings from SCC4 you need below authorizations.

S_TCODE value SCC4

S_TABU_DIS ACTVT 02 for table group SS

S_TABU_CLI value X

S_ADMI_FCD value T000

S_CTS_ADMI value TABL

Please create a role with these ctivities and assign to you. You will be able to change client settings.

0 Kudos

Hi Pravansu i dont want to change the client setting i want to login in quality server having client no. 400 and currently i am working in client 600 now i want to switch on from client 600 to 400 in quality server but system is not allowing me.

can i take the authorization from 600 client to login in client 400.

Please tell me what i have to do for the same.

AR

0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you login to client 600 while working in 400??? are you using RFC to login?

If yes then you must have RFC authorization of S_RFC.

Tnx

0 Kudos

Hi,

User authorizations are client dependent. you can't use client 400 user id details in client 600.

You can try to login with sap* user and create your id in client 600 with sap_all profile and change the client settings whatever you want.

Regards,

VenkataRao

0 Kudos

Hi,

If not RFC or remote logon then for login to another client u need to have an user id and roles assigned for working in the client 400. A direct switching from one client to another cant be done.

1. Click on the system where u want to login.

2. Give the client number 400

3. User id and password if u have in 400 else u cant.

Let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here no RFC system is used. But i want to login in client 400 after log off from 600.How i can do this

AR.

Edited by: Amit Rana on Jul 14, 2009 3:56 PM

0 Kudos

> can i take the authorization from 600 client to login in client 400.

Nope, you can not. Authorizations are client dependent. So, you'd need a user, roles and correct assigments in this 400 client just like you once needed them in 600. Only if client 400 was created as a copy from 600 including the user masters etc, you'd have the same rights in this new client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

As mentioned in query that you have changed thte client from Production to Quality.And you are getting

Message that you are not authorized for assignments of role.

First , Authorizations, Roles are client dependent or specific .if you are authorized in Production

server adn not in quality then it means you dont have role assigned in User master record for

that quality client .

Secondly , If your Quality client is copy of production client inclduing usermaster records

and roles .Only then you will be authorized to execute the required transaction in both the server

(Production and Quality).

Hope it answers .

Regards

Vikas rana