cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version comparison for Workflow template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to compare the workflow template in Development and production to make sure that they are same.

How can i do this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

As far as I understand there is no easy mechanism to compare workflow versions.

Check in Dev and Prod if the same version number is active.

We generally do not implement anything in Prod, so just check that the same implementation done in dev is visible in Prod.

Also check if this [thread|] helps you further.

Regards,

Saumya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

There are a couple of ways:

Option 1) In SWDD, select the first workflow version, then choose menu Configuration, Print, Details. Select all entries, then choose Print, and then on the resulting list, choose menu System, List, Save, Local File, Unconverted. Repeat for the other version. You now have to text files on your PC. From here you can use a text file comparison tool such as UltraCompare to display the differences. Lacking that, you can upload both files into the ABAP editor as different programs or versions of the same program and then use the program or version compare tools in SAP to compare the texts.

Option 2) In SWDD, select the first workflow version, then above the graphic, click on Graphical Model (the tan bar) and choose Export As Internal XML. When you see the XML, choose the Export button and save it in a text file. From there proceed like Option One above, saving the other version, and then comparing the text files using a tool for that.

I believe these methods will compare all aspects of the workflow versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Compare this,Date and version in both system.

PFTC_DIS>WF template->WF builder>Basic data>Version Overview>Active version last changed by date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Tcode SWU4 and SWU7

Thanks

Arghadip