cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Sync Interface - Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current scenario is File to Proxy Sync

From the sender side, two files are coming, so that i am using BPM in my interface.

My current BPM Steps

Inside the fork, i have give 2 receive stps.

Receive 1 - Receiving First file

Receive 2 - Receiving second file

Transformation - Mapping - Merging 2 files

Send Step - Sending data to Proxy.

By using the above steps, my scenario is working fine without any response from the proxy.

Now, my proxy is giving response back, i need to receive the response and send the response to a file.

Experts pls advise me, how to handle this within BPM?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Mani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is a proxy....create a SYNC MI in XI....develop the proxy again using this SYNC MI...so that you have sync communication possible....then in your BPM you will get the proxy resp....do a transformation (if needed) and then using a Async Send step post the file to the required target directory.....just there will be a change in the Send Step's mode (Async to Sync)...change in proxy, and an additional step in BPM...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the immediate response. Can you pls explain me clearly the BPM steps.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

Since file cannot support synchronous call, first you receive files asynchronoulsy then merge and do a sync call to proxy and then the response send as file asynchronously.

Receive files asynch --> transform (your merging) --> sync call to proxy --> send response async to file

in sync call to proxy:

request mapping: your transformed merged files output to proxy request

response mapping: proxy response to file output

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Complete BPM design:

Fork(Receive1(Async), Receive2(Async)) -> Transformation(2:1)->Send(SYNC, to Proxy)--> Transformation(if needed, to convert the Proxy response into the File format)--> Send(Async to File).

If you need to have FCC done on the target file then perform it accordingly in the receiver File CC....

First of all create a Sync MI for the BPM_to_Proxy communication.....One ABS Sync MI to use in the BPM and one IN Sync MI to build the proxy....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your immeidate response and advise, now i am developing the scenario, let me complete and update you.

Regards

Bala...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Sorry for delay in response, as I got some other interface testing, i was not able to continue yesterday. Today i started the BPM development, as you mentioned in your suggestion, after the first transformation, i got struck in the synch send step.

Correct me if i am wrong, i have give below list of Message interfaces i have.

MessageInterface1 - File1 - Outbound - Asyn

MessageInterface2 - File2 - Outbound - Asyn

MessageInterface3 - File1 - Abs - Asyn - Receive Step1

MessageInterface4 - File2 - Abs - Asyn - Receive Step2

MessageInterface5 - ProxyInbound - Inbound - Asyn

MessageInterface6 - ProxyInbound - Abs - Asyn - Transformation1 - Target Message

After this transformation1, you advised me to create synch send step to proxy, I have created Abs-Sync interface and called this messageinterface in the sync send and used the transformation and async send setp to file. I tried this, but i am getting error after the transformation1, could you pls guide me?

Regards

Mani

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after Fork your transformation will be File1_and_File2_to_ProxyReq i.e. a 2:1 mapping program....then make a sync call to proxy...here your MTs will be ProxyReq (the one which you used in the 2:1 mapping program) and ProxyResp.

What error are you getting and if I am not wrong you have to define a correlation to collect the files in the Fork......usually in such a scenario (Fork and then N:1 mapping) the messages do not reach the Transformation step correctly and hence the mapping fails...so just make sure that the messaegs are received properly in the Fork and that they are passing to the transformation....if you are testing then in SXMB_MONI the PE link will tell what and where the error is...

And did you develop the proxy again (SPROXY) after you changed the MI from Async to Sync?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I was getting error in coorelation, now it is fine and i have completed the bpm steps as you recommended and did the checking in the IR, no error was displayed. Now I am doing ID configuration.

I have given the steps in ID that i have created, Pls correct me, if i am wrong.

Sender Agreement:

File 1 - File Adapter

File 2 - File Adapter

Receiver Agreement

BPM - ECC - Proxy Interface

Interface Determination

File System - File Interface1 to BPM receive step 1

File System - File Interface2 to BPM receive step 2

after this point, i got bit confused in creating interface determination. How many interface determination and receiver determination we need to create, since we are using two transformation and two send step in the BPM.

Pls advise me in this.

Regards

Mani...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FILE to BPM:

1 Receiver Determination...if source FILE Business Service & OB MI are diff then two Receiver Determinations...otherwise if same then only one

2 FILE CCs and correspondingly 2 Sender Agreements ( if picking diff files from diff locations)

2 Interface Determinations

BPM to Proxy:

1 Receiver Determination

1 Receiver CC of adapter type XI and correspondingly a Receiver Agreement

1 Interface Determination

BPM to File:

1 Receiver Determination

1 Receiver File CC and 1 receiver agreement

1 Interface Determination

Interface Determinations in your case wont have any mapping included since they are performed in the BPM itself...

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 15, 2009 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.

Only one correction, in the File to BPM, since i am using two cc to get the files, i have created 2 receiver determination for file1 and file2.

Regards

Mani.

Answers (0)