cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assiging multiple activity types to a single activity of the network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some doubt in resource Vs activity type assignments in PS. My requirement is I need to maintain several activity types against one activity of the newtwork.

For this I have done the following things:

I have changed the screen variant of the work center category 0006, in transaction OIZA, here I have changed the field selection from 0006 to 0001 so that I can get the Standard value key field in the workcenter master (CNR1).

I have created formulas and also specified the parameter in T codes OP21 and OIP7 respectively as below:

Utilities

Manpower

M/C usage hours

Over heads

I have created a new std value key ZPS and assigned these formulas to the std value key ZPS in T code:OIZ2.

I have also created the Activity types in tcode KL01 and assigned cost for those activity types in tcode KP26.

The activity types are: Utility charges, Manower Charges, M/C usage charges and Overheads.

Now I have created a new work center with name PS and I got the std value key field in the Basic Data screen. I have mentioned ZPS in that field, then I got the formulas which assigned to the std value key ZPS. Against each formula I mentioned the rule for maintenance as Must be entered. Rest other tab pages I filled as usual. In costing tab page I have mentioned the cost center. In activities overview screen area I got all the formulas as above, against each one I have mentioned the Activity types individually as defined above. Saved the transaction.

Now in one Network for 1 activity I have mentioned the work center PS and entered the normal duration and released the network.

Now my requirement is I want to enter the value against each activity type in the network activity. That means I have one activity and several activity types.

Also while confirming the activity i need to enter the actual values of the each activity types.

I am not getting the activity types mentioned in the workcenter in network activity and also in the confirmation screen.

Actually this process is followed in PP and I wanted to do the same kind of thing in PS also. Is this possible in PS?

Can some one help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Praveen B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

No, it is not possible.

The activity type at the activity overview is the single one, which will be used for costing.

The settings work center in workcenter is used for the default suggestion, but the user can overwrite it. That means, as far as the workcenter is entered by activity, the activity type is set defaultly at this moment. Anyway you can overwrite it later.

You can uses activity elements to get multiple costs lines.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for your reply.

If you thesettings as I mentioned above, then you get the malitiple activities.

What is Activity Element? How it is used, where to define and how to assign? Can please explain in details?

Regards,

Praveen B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Activity element is nothing but sub Element or you can call them as sub Activity.

In Project Builder Right click on main Activity and select activity element and maintain work center and activity type with hours.

Regards'

Syed

anishpv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use sub networks

please refer the last comment in the thread

[]

rgds

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayed /pv,

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Praveen B

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Beside the usage of activity elements, you can use the unit-costing functionality. With it, you can apply multiple activity type to a single activity. As far as I remember, it is available for costing activity.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo