Did you mean: 

Transport with CTS+ : Naming convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I need your suggestion.

This is wrt CTS+.

My doubt is:

I need to transport changes between the Dev, QA & Production system.

I have a repository in Development system: Repo_Dev

Now I want to create a repository in Quality / Production system, similar to Repo_Dev , but with different Repository names as Repo_QS / Repo_Prod respectively. My doubt is, will I be able to create the repositories in the Quality or Production systems with the name I want.... or is it because I am using CTS.. it will create a repository with the same name i.e Repo_Dev.

With reference to the SAP document "Setup und Use the MDM Change Transport with CTS+ Transport Management Environment", my understading is to

1. Create a repository in QS / Production side.

2. Using the option "Create Transport Reference" , I will get a reference file of Repo_Dev.

3. Then Import the reference file in the Repo_QS / Repo_Prod will result in synchronisation between all 3 (Repo_Dev, Repo_QS, Repo_Prod ) repositories.

This way I can have the same Data modelling etc in all the 3 repositories, with the naming convention as required.

If anyone has worked on it... please confirm it.

Thanks & Regards,

Priti Rani Patnaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

For transport with CTS+ you need to follow the steps which you have mentioned. You need to create a repository and then import the ref. in this repository. By doing so you are only importing the tables and fields present in your Dev repository. The sync between all three is only related to data modelling and it will not effect the name of reposiotry as you have already created a repository and I guess renaming of repository is not possible.

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Additonal answers or any other way will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti

renaming of the repositories is not possible.

Instead you can create a new repository from the a2a file with a new name once it has been transported to QA/prod.

best regards

Ravi Kumar

Answers (0)