cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have setup NWDI for ESS/MSS customisation. Please let me know if I have missed any steps below for import DC in NWDS

1) We have setup track.

2) In the check-in tab we have list of components.

3) From check-in tab we have imported few ESS/MSS components to Development tab,

4) Development tab, all the components have state as "Waiting for import". Is this is the right status? Or should I click import on selecting component?

From here when I login to DTR I cannot see any inactive/active directories in NWDS or even under http://<hsotname>:<port>/dtr

Is there anything I have missed here or required.

PS: In the development tab, some the state be "Waiting for import" to start making changes in the NWDS or should the state me "imoprt finished" before start making changes for ESS/MSS SC's?

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the status must be 'import finished'. only then u can find the DCs in NWDS.

only when the import is successful u will have the status as import finished.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my windows>>preference>> Development configuraiton pool, I got http://<portal hostname>:<portal port number>

In the DTR prespective (Repository browser), I connected to DTR successfully but when I open the track under dev I see active and inactive but underneath them it's empty.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

In the development tab, I clicked on one ESS component and clicked import button that has completed with status import finished and disappeared from the list and not visible in the development tab. Is this correct?

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yeah thats right..

when ever you click on other tabs, the import queue gets refreshed and all the import finshed Dcs disapper from the queue.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have configured any runtime systems in the track you have to import these required SCs in to all the runtime systems ,

for example, if you have configured consolidation , test , quality etc u have to click on the respective tabs and import then as you have done for development.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

I'm bit confused, I have not even started development. From what you are saying I think after development we click on the import button on development tab, is that correct to import to different environment QA or PRD? In this case what I have done is wrong, I should not have clicked import button on development tab before even started any customisation.

Can you please confirm me something, when I login to dtr url I see empty under dev>>active and inactive sub trees, is this correct? OR should SC's exist under this sub trees?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Are you able to find the DCs under the SC in Development configuration perspective?

2) Importing the required SCs into runtime systems is the initial preparation step for creating a track.

this must be done before you start your development.

3) After u do your customizations, checkin, activate and release the activity it will be put in the queue of consolidation.

Here it is the change request you will transport to different runtime systems in the track.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot find any DC's or SC's in the development configuraiton prespective. Something missing before even I go to NWDS correct? Please let me know what is missing? I have a feeling that NWDI is not configured correctly. As said in my last post DTR url I cannot find any active or inactive DC's or SC's

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

did you login to dtr after you switched to Development configuration perspective?

Did you import the configuration?

once you import the required SCs successfully into dev you will be able to see the SCs and DCs in Dtr web ui as well in the NWDS.

(hope you have navigated through ws/<trackname>/ in thr DTR web UI.)

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Jul 14, 2009 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

One issue I had was to do with access to SLD server as it was central server I didn't have access, then I got the uid/pwd for SLD. This resolved connecting and importing track but we were still unable to see DCs in inactive tab. Inactive tab has empty DCs, only active tab has some DCs.

Thanks

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try removing the old configurations and import a new one.

under inactive u will find DCs only under the SC for which you have created trck..for example SAP_ESS_1...

You will not find other SCs like SAP_BUILDT.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya. I completely created different track and imported all SCA files, they all worked now.

More info is on

/thread/1409864 [original link is broken]

Closing this thread.

Thanks

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

We need to import all the SCA files required for customization from development tab. then you are able to see required SCA files when you logged into DTR from NWDS. First import dependencies.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil, just to clarify so you are saying that I need to click import button for required business packages (ESS/MSS)?

I also have issue when setting up Development configuration perspective, when I enter sld url I get access issue. Our SLD is on solution manager which is different from portal server, so do I need to get permission and authorisation assigned to my username?

One other question is in the http://host:post/dtr if everything is setup should I be able to see all the inactive and active DC?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

just only use NWDI server url and try...http://host:port/.

Regards,

Anil.