cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Spent in PI/XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Team,

We have IDOC sent from ECC system at 7:30 AM but in SXMB_MONI shows 'processing started' at 11:12 AM.

So just wondering how do i trace, why there was a delay in processing?

How do i calculate the diff. hops of messages and time spent at each hop?

Please help me to understand this.

Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shekar,

In WE20, you can check if the Output Mode in the partner profile for the idoc type and see if it is Transfer Idoc immediately.

If not, it would have been processed at a later time by a background program.

One more reason might be that the idoc message after reaching the xi system, might have been blocked in a Queue.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the message processing entry in SXMB_MONI.......the above window (Window1) will show you a trace....in this trace check the entries in SAP:Performance Header node...it will show you the time spent in that particular pipeline step.....

For eg i am able to see an entry like: 20090713205843.33888....it states time as YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.......similar timestamp is provided for other steps.....check if this is what you are looking at.....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As i mentioned, I could see in ECC - IDoc sent at 7:30 AM and When i filter (time range - 07:00 to 13:00) it shows 'Start Time' 11:32 AM.

So wondering where was the IDoc all the time for 4 hrs? Was it in PI ? or somewhere else?

Thanks

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally idoc trigger from ECC will reach immediatley to PI (no much time it will take,depends on network traffic)

Are sure that the time Zone of the ECC and PI server are same.. just check that it may help

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

YES, both ECC and PI runs on same time. It's 12 AM now

Thanks

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajesh,

Another followup question - Is there way to find 'what time the ECC sent IDOC reached to PI'?

Thanks

Sekhar

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think message is stucking in inbound/outbound queue. Check it. Most of the time stucked message will take too much time to release from queue, that is the reason the process time showing varry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sekhar,

See the idoc in WE02 in SAP. It will be the time send from ECC. You shoudl see the idoc in xi immediately.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi Rajesh,

>

> Another followup question - Is there way to find 'what time the ECC sent IDOC reached to PI'?

>

>

> Thanks

> Sekhar

IDOC monitoring should help you: /people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sekhar,

you can check the idoc creation time and date with the help of fields CREDAT and CRETIME of EDI_DC40 segment

i.e control record

But this may not be the time which ECC triggered to PI ,provided if the parameter Trigger IDoc immediately is set for the partner (we20) ,I hope you got it

i.e Two options are available for triggering the idoc to external system which can be configured at partner level

options

1. trigger idoc immediately

2. collect idoc (for sending idocs in packets)

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

any thoughts

Thanks

Sekhar