cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - pcui_gp, ess deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to set up the ESS package with an ECC5.0 backend (ABAP stack) and a Sneak Preview Java (WAS 6.4, EP 6.0, SP16) running on two different machines. After reading Siddhartha Jain's article plus tons of postings on this subject I am still not clear on where I have to deploy the two packages ess and pcui_gp:

1) on the ECC system (i.e. one has to install both ABAP and Java stack),

2) on the Portal's underlying J2EE server,

3) either which or

4) some other J2EE server in the system landscape?

Can someone please shed some light on this? I have deployed everything on the Sneak Preview J2EE server (as such correctly as the status in WD Admin suggests) and I am getting long stack traces at at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.wdp.InternalCcXss which makes me think I might have chosen the wrong machine for deployment..

Regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

The most ideal place to install these Java components is the ECC Java Add-In as the ESS and PCUI_GP access the XSS Framework on a continuous basis, hence keeping it closer to this stack is desired. However, should you not have this a stand alone Java Engine is fine. Also, ensure HR 500 is installed on ECC 5.0 to get the ESS working, have a look at the ECC 5.0 install guide which explains what is required for ESS Web Dynpro.

have you set up SLD, JCo Connections etc?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendren,

thanks for the quick reply. I have set up a SLD and the JCo Destinations are ok ('test' and 'ping' via WD Content Admin work). Also the deployment as such seem to have functioned properly, I see all the ess and pcui components under 'Deployed Content->sap.com' and their status is on 'green' (though not all of them are started ?!).

Alone, as soon as I log into the portal with my new ess user (i.e. as soon as the ESS Overview role opens) I get a

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.createNode

with a long stack trace starting at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.wdp.InternalCcXss.<init>(InternalCcXss.java:41).

I have not yet read the ECC5.0 install guide, but I think the NoSuchMethod error is due to some version mismatch.

I am using J2EE WAS 6.40 SP16, the two ess/pcui_gp packages I chose are the newest (11) - according to note 761266 this seems to be right.