cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Manager Ports Disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created remote system in Console and tried to import XML file using Import Manager using port option. The port I created in console is appearing in the drop down butis greyed out

Can anyone help please.

I have the XML File in the Ready Folder

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently there was some error in the server. The Admin restarted it and now its working.!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

Please chek in console for the port created. Does it contains data, there? The status should not be empty.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Please check the following:

You are selecting the correct remote system in the Import Manager for which you have created the port.

The file is in the ready folder of the correct port inbound folder.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Rupesh : How do we execute the "Get Next Source" Command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

As I mentioned earlier that if we get any problem with the INBOUND port file then it will be moved to the respective exception folder. check the file in the expection folder and login to import manager --> type = port , remote system , port = select the one from the drop down list ( ex: LT_COUNTRIES [Exception] ) and from the File -> Retrive Next Source File (enabled automatically).

Now select the appropriate map and do the import manually. you will come to know the problems if any.

Thanks

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

I did as you said but the result was same.Still ports are disabled

Regards

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have created an XML Schema and maintained the same in the Admin->Ports settings.

The same was working with one of the imports but today all the ports are greyed out

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The Port drop-down list includes an entry for each inbound port you define in the MDM Console for the selected Remote System;

those that do not have files waiting or are locked by another user are disabled in the drop-down list.

When you select a port, the MDM Import Manager automatically selects the first source data file waiting to be processed;

you can then use the Get Next Source File command to select each succeeding file.

check once.

Thanks,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Are you using an XML schema to import the XMl file into MDM?

With higher versions of MDM, you need to import the XML file using a related XML schema which you have to upload in Console and also choose in the Port setting.

This completes the linking of the XML schema with the port and when you place an XML in the port, it automatically chooses the XML schema mentioned and imports the file.

You need to choose the XML schema in the Format property of the Port. And then mention the XML schema in the XML schema property of the Port. You will find all these properties under the Port table under the Admin Node in the Console.

I guess, you are not using the XML schema and hence the port might be disabled. Please check it out. Also after doing this, doing this, place the file in the inbound port ready folder.

Hope this info help.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

There are no exceptions as the exception folders are empty.

Still Ports are inactive.

Regards

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Please check whether you have assigned the key mapping property for the table, as all the record imported through ports should have the key mapping property.

I hope I am able to help you

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh ,

U can use the port when you have any exception in the file. Any exception like ImportX, StructuralX,ValueX then the port will be active else it will be greyed out.

Thanks,

Rupesh