cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not set WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to hide the user setting if the user right click in browser. i searched in sdn and they said i have to set the

WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION paramater in Application's Parameter tab.

But if i place the "WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION" into paramaeter tab its showing the following error,

" WDHIDEMOREFIELDHELPASDEFAULT is neither a predefined parameter nor a parameter of the starter plug ".

Please let me know how to set the parameter...

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the parameter tab of application declare a parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION of type WDY_BOOLEAN and

set value as X.

it will disable user settings.

For more info , Refer this :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Thanks for your help

but i know that

my issue is..

if i put the parameter in Parameter tab it showing the below error

"WDHIDEMOREFIELDHELPASDEFAULT is neither a predefined parameter nor a parameter of the starter plug"

Regards,

Kumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to declare the parameter in Parameter Tab.

The Parameter tab showing there column as "Parameters,value,Description"

if i give "WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION" in Parameters column it showing the error

"WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION is neither a predefined parameter nor a parameter of the starter plug".

I hope you understood my issue..

Thanks

Kumar K

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuppusamy

when you create the Application for the Webdynpro, take Parameters tab and here click on F4 help.

You will get the list of parameters and "WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION" will be one among the parameters.Select it and in the Value Column give X.

And then Save it.

I tried it and its working for me without any error.

Regards

Sajid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

I could not find the WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION parameter in that popup which was displayed if i click F4.

In that popup i hava the following parameters only.

WDCONFIGURATIONID

WDPROTECTEDAPPLICATION

WDSKIPSPLASHSCREEN

Is there any settings to get the other parameters?.

or is there any basis issues?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Kumar K

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuppusamy,

If its not appearing in the F4 help then i have no idea...May be ask the help of basis or there may be some settings i suppose.

Regards

Sajid

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What is your support package level? With only so few options in the F4 help, it sounds like it might be a rather old support package level. Up until SP15, SAP delivered a lot of new Web Dynpro ABAP functionality in the support packages. If your systems path level is too old, you might just be missing out on this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks man,

thanks for the usefull information.

our Package level is 9 only.

i think it wount work..

i found one interface IF_WD_PERSONALIZATION with method SET_DEFAULT_VARIANT.

I think i can use this method to reset the personalized information.

will it work?

and please let me know how to cal the method in my pro...

Thanks again..

Regards,

Kumar K

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SPS 9 is quite old. I do believe it predates the introduction of the parameter in question. You could try the personalizaiton API, but that isn't going to disable the personalization option in the context menu. Have a look at the demo applicatoin DEMO_CONFIG_TABLE_READER for usage of the personalization API.