cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure that the query results are fetched from the BW acclerator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose if i want to execute the query with BIA option, I can achieve it in RSRT .

1)But is there some query settings or properties where we can make sure that whenever a query(say Q1) is executed, always the data should be fetched from the BIA index.

2)Suppose the BIA indexing has failed due to some reasons, will the data be fetched from the previously updated BIA index??

regards

akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi man,

1)But is there some query settings or properties where we can make sure that whenever a query(say Q1) is executed, always the data should be fetched from the BIA index.

If you have built up BIA index on a cube, then every query on the cube or MultiProvider will automatically use BIA index. No additional settings required. You can use the following way to test whether a query is using BIA or not:

Go to RSRT, input query name, click 'execute and debug' and check 'Display Statistics Data' and 'Do Not Use Cache'. Execute. After the query result press F3, now you should be able to see statistics. There's a tab 'BIA Access'. If you see something there then it means BIA index is used.

2)Suppose the BIA indexing has failed due to some reasons, will the data be fetched from the previously updated BIA index??

If BIA rollup is failed, then the last request(s) would not available in reporting and query will use BIA index for earlier requests. You can consider it like aggregate. But if initial fill of BIA failed then you would not be able to use BIA index.

Regards,

Frank

Edited by: Frank Lee on Jul 14, 2009 2:22 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1) Could you please elaborate a bit more on this requirement? I would say that this scenario is not that typical, that I would see.

2) Yes. The "Commit" step is the very last in the indexing process. If anything fails before it - original BWA Index is still valid. If you look into InfoCube -> Manage, you'll see which requests are reportable.

Regards,

-Vitaliy