cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We tried to install Web applicaton 6.20,we are facing the issue while installing SAP J2EE ENgine itslef. Following As per SAP IPC 4.0 Web applications,our stat controller finsihed successfully,

but while runnging the start> program> SAP J2EE Engine--> Dispatcher the command prompt remains same.

As per the document suggest afer successful implemenation of J2EE Engine,will get the homepage of the j2ee.It never happens in our case.

Our system deails are CRM 4.0 SP 9, using JDK Version 1.3.1_17.We are trying to install web applications 6.20.

Help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

muki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For j2ee engine 6.20 the default port for http is 80. To change it you can go to ../dispatcher/services/http/properties file in the file system and change the Port property to something different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have any idea about running dispatcher.exe comes with details of started successfully.we are getting the command prompt it's remains same.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muki,

I cannot understand your question quite well but I just want to mention that dispatcher.exe is used to start the J2EE Engine as an NT service and you are not supposed to start it as a standalone application.

Greetings

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

fine,agree with you dispatcher.exe has to be start with SAP J2EE.For insalling the sap j2ee engine we have to start the dispatcher.exe and server.exe.Is it correct?

OK,now mine question is while running dispatcher.exe or thro start>Programs>SAP J2EE Engine-->dispatcher

command prompt is appears,it's trying load some java files but it's remains same,it doesn't give the dispatcher successfully installed.

Is this expected behaviour of dispatcher.exe while installing sap j2ee application?

Regards,

Muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muki,

If you have SAP J2EE Engine in the Programs list then it means that you have an installed J2EE Engine so you only have to start it using Start>Programs>SAP J2EE Engine-->state/dispatcher/server shortcuts.

By default there are no dispatcher.exe and server.exe files in the J2EE installation. These files are created if you have configured the Engine to start as an NT service.

If you start the server using the shortcuts in the Programs list then you will receive a console and if the startup is successful you will get something like "SAP J2EE Engine Version 6.20 PatchLevel <patch level number> is running!" at the end.

If you want to install another J2EE Engine instance you need to download the corresponding installation and start the visual.bat.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Almost got the things,yes i am wrong we are starting go.bat.

while running go.bat inside sapj2ee->cluster-->statecontroller,it's comes with result like

SAP J2EE Engine Version 6.20 PatchLevel <patch level number> is running!"

In the next step while we run go.bat from sapj2ee->cluster-->dispatcher the command prompt appears,trying to load some files after that it's remains same.

It doesn't give status like

SAP J2EE Engine Version 6.20 PatchLevel <patch level number> is running!"

your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muki,

Can you please paste the output that you recieve when you start the dispatcher? You can also check the logs of the node in <J2EEEngine_HOME>/cluster/dispatcher/managers/console_logs directory.

Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks a lot,the out put of dispatcher is

[OS: Windows XP] [VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.] [VM version: 1.3.1_17-b02] [VM type: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM]

SAP J2EE Engine Version 6.20 PatchLevel 89708.20 is starting...

Loading: LogManager ...

Loading: R3StartupManager ...

Loading: ThreadManager ...

Loading: TimeoutManager ...

Loading: MemoryManager ...

Loading: PoolManager ...

Loading: PolicyManager ...

Loading: ConnectionsManipulator ...

Loading: IpVerificationManager ...

Loading: ClusterManager ...

this one i took from console log,for the past 20 minutes no change.any idea?

Regards,

Muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi muki

if there is no change to console since long time it's indicates that the dispatcher was not succesfully running.

it's hang after Loading: ClusterManager ...

check the port for the dispatcher.

any further query revert me back.

(might the problem with ur j2ee installation.)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muki,

The output means that the dispatcher waits for the state controller to be started. If it is running then most probably there is problem with the settings of the ClusterManager properties.

You may refer to <J2EEEngine_HOME>/docs/cluster620.pdf file for details about the cluster architecture and how it works.

If the state controller is running then you must check the ClusterHosts property of the ClusterManager on the dispatcher. It must point to the state controller's host and join port.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Great!!!!,i guess we are right track.

let me explain while installing the SAP J2EE Engine we choose central instance, so that by default stat controller installed local host(it's ok) and port is 2123.this might issue?

here i am attaching the details of cluster manager properties file of dispatcher

Request where we need to do the changes?

#

#Wed May 03 15:19:04 IST 2006

JoinPort=2077

MemoryElement=false

ClusterHosts=localhost\:2123

ClusterElementId=5001

InfoLogFileName=./managers/log/cluster/INFO.log

ClusterName=SAP J2EEngine Cluster

ClusterElementType=Dispatcher

OpenPort=2055

Gateway=false

ClusterElementName=Dispatcher One

DebugLogFileName=./managers/log/cluster/DEBUG.log

NoticeLogFileName=./managers/log/cluster/NOTICE.log

WarningLogFileName=./managers/log/cluster/WARNING.log

I guess the port entry must be there in windows\system32\drivers\etc\service file?

Once again thanking yor for your valuable inputs

Regards,

muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muki,

If the state controller is installed on the same machine and its JoinPort is 2123 then the ClusterManager settings are OK. You just need to start the state controller. Check with netstat if port 2123 is opened on all ip addresses. There is no need to change anything in windows\system32\drivers\etc\service file.

Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks again,the run net stat, the port 2123 is not listed,moreover in windows\system32\drivers\etc\service file the port is not listed down.

Understand that we need to add the port, to do we can add entry in service file.Is it ok?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muki,

All you need to do is to start the state controller process and start the dispatcher after that without stopping the state controller.

Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks a lot and great help, now the service started successfully for dispatcher and server.

Your inputs helps us to solve we stuck for long time.

Great help,if you mind give us your id in future we can contact you.

Thanks a lot:)

Regards,

muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muki,

I am glad that I managed to help.

Best Regards

Vyara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muki,

i can't understand what is the exact problem,

is the problwm occur during the installation of webas 6.20 j2ee engine.

if there are no problem during installation than llok under the NT services the dispatcher ,state controller and server is wheter running or not (for automaic start)

(run the config tool to find out the port)

if u have any query rever me back but specified the exact problem

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for your response,hope you understand the problem related SAP J2EE Engine.

As per the document, after completion successful SAP J2EE engine is we can get the home page of SAP J2EE Engine. This we can achive by http:<hostname>:port

hostname:machine host name

port: the port got installed

getting the homepage is "must", as per the document then only is we can go ahead. Is it right?. so for we didn't get the homepage.

IPC Web applications document nothing saying about state controller.

More over whenever SAP J2EE Engine got installed by default port number 80.We are using port number 80, document said change the port if already used, but it doesn't said clearly where we have to make the changes.

This step important for getting the home page.

One more doubt while installing the j2ee, we need to run the state controller.exe,dispatcher.exe and server.exe.

while running the state controller.exe the command prompt says it successfully completed,for dispatcher and server it doesn't say anything, this is mine observation.

Is this behaviour is correct?

help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

muki

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi muki,

u can use config tool to change the default port.

Open the configuration tool with Start->Programs->SAP J2EE Engine->Tools->onfig tool.

first u start the dispatcher than server and state controller,

in the dispatcher console u can see the element id is join. if there are no element found check ur setting and error log for failure,

(the installation of J2EE server 6.20 is very easy)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for your mail and encouragement :)(!!)

We got message from SAP we need to start state controller,dipatcher and server.

I agree with you we need to change the port in config tool but where?

node in cluster/dispater or cluster/server

j2ee default port is 3011,it's find under

cluster\dispatcher>services>p4 is that right place?

Regards,

muki