cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a problem in running the inprocess inspection.I had set up 03 and 04 for the same part in MM and created prod order(routing,BOM set up) and also released it.I coulld able to see the lot created for 03.But when I do the UD for that lot..it gives me the info saying order either can be confirmed or complted, so i went to prod order and TECO it and then come back and did the UD without any messages.My question is, it is not neccessary to TECO the prod order before inspection as we are testing inprocess inspection.If this is correct, why did I get the mesage as either order shd be confirmed or completed at the time of UD?

Next question, I tried to do GI to the prod order with the same part and routing(usage 1) but lot created in CRTD status for 04 and it says inspection could not be completed because I dont see routing associted to it.Is that I need to create the seperate routing to 04 with diffeent usage.I tried that too but it is not working.

Am i doing the process wrong ? please explain 03 and 04 steps for inprocess inspection.

Akash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Akash

yes this is just for Information as syetm check wheather confirmation(partial or full) needs to be done.

03 Inspection lot is created as soon as you release the production order.It do not have any stock posting.

You can only take UD for the same.When you use Inpsection point in the routing ...then system gives a message that cofirmation needsto be done through co11 or co15 for the order.

Notice one thing here 03 will be always created with Qty equal to production order qty.

Also for 04 inspection lot it is not rauting but inspection plan with usage 01 need to be created through QP01.

Rauting is only applicable to 03 inspection type.'

so create a Inspectuion plan with usage 01.

go to QA02 enter lot

Go to material Spec-->attach task list.

save.

check ststus :REL

now take UD.

Regards

Sujit

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is a warning message, alerting you that still some operations/phases may be in-process or pending in Production. It is good practice to complete the production part and then take a UD in QM. e.g. You have multiple operations and some are interlinked with one another, say 2nd operation in Production is linked with 3rd operation in QM. In this case, Production team has not confirmed the 2nd operation or confirmed with wrong quantity, you have taken UD before Order has been TECOed, here production people won't allowed to change/cancel that phase.

Regarding 04 Inspection lot, it will be in CRTD mode if no default only single Inspection Plan has been found. (It will be created on Auto GR of material). In this case, you have to attach Inspection Plan to Inspection Lot manually and Release it.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh